Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: A chance to set the tone (Read 38 times)

LRB

Good morning.

It's a rest day for me. I'm not sure what my schedule is at work but hopefully it is light. Busy week of training ahead but the forecast looks phenomenal (for winter) so that's a good start.

How are you?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 enjoyable miles.  34F, very little wind, clear skies with a bright moon and all the stars - I hope that sets the tone for my week.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Heading out for an easy 1-3 miler at the riverfront. Legs are trashed from this weekend's workouts.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either a 5 mile walk or a bike ride.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

5 miles easy, with 5 x 100 strides at noon. Hope the winds die down by then.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

It's a rest day for me. I'm not sure what my schedule is at work but hopefully it is light. Busy week of training ahead but the forecast looks phenomenal (for winter) so that's a good start.

A five day stretch in the 50's starting on Friday? I would say!

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles easy, with 5 x 100 strides at noon. Hope the winds die down by then.

The wind was insane last night. It's died down a bit, but glad I usually don't run on Mondays.

delicate flower

'Morning!  It's my first day back to work after 12 days off.  This sucks.  Motivation low.

The pool had a delayed opening today due to snow, so no swim for me.  I've got a recovery run to do after work and I am thinking treadmill due to slick roads and a wind advisory...the wind is whipping out there.

<3

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My view today.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

delicate flower

^ Cool.  Enjoy Miami.

<3

Cyberic

I do not have a pic of my view today, but everything is under many inches of snow.

I have this pain in the lower left glute, upper thigh from running in the snow all of past week. I'll take it easy and run 4ish at lunch on the indoor track.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

My view today.

So it will be easy to take an ice bath after your run for help with recovery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

My view today.

For perspective: here is a view from the top floor of the tallest building in that picture looking back at you....

Not from today, unfortunately. lol

Zelanie

Bertha, that's a lovely view!  I had to google it- Minneapolis?

We have temps in the 50s through Friday, too, but rain will start on Wednesday I think.  We actually have had sun the past few days.

I'll probably do the trail run with the group and the dogs later.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Bertha, that's a lovely view!  I had to google it- Minneapolis?

We have temps in the 50s through Friday, too, but rain will start on Wednesday I think.  We actually have had sun the past few days.

I'll probably do the trail run with the group and the dogs later.

No. Windsor. I am looking at the GM building formerly called The Renaissance building.

cyberic  I recall you're from Montreal?  We dodged the snow bullet and just had rain.

Lori