Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Are Getting Richer By The Day! (Read 30 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Penguins!

We have what I would call either a small supermarket or a farm stand on steroids. There's about 5 registers , a large produce section, butcher section, and dry goods section with spices, rice, cereal, etc. I go into buy 3 items and the bill comes to $3.25. Since I am really low on cash, I go to use my credit card. The checkout girl says the sale has to be over $5. So I give her my last $10 and she enters it in the register and makes around of bewilderment. I look at the screen and it said my cash back was over $100,000! Woo hoo!

Damaris - hope Trixie gets good news

Last night I ran 10 miles in 37 degrees - this warming trend will have us close to 70 by Sunday!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Bin Running

Gustav, congrats! 100K?!! wow...

Morning to all that follows.. 3M done after breakfast done..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Gustav, 37 is about perfect.

Bin, good job on the 3M.

I ended up doing 2 miles really slow yesterday before work. Not sure if I can mustard up the energy to run again. I'm just so damn tired here lately. Next week I go back to 8 hour shifts, so I should get a little break from all this OT I've been wooking. I went back and looked it up, 60+ hours since the first week in Oct.

Philliefan33

Good morning guys.

Swim day for me today.  Looks like a nice warm weekend on tap, so I'll get outside for a couple of runs.

Last day of work for me -- then I'm off until January 2nd.  Yipee!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm still alive!  I also got to run outdoors yesterday.  WHOA!  Anyway, I have to run.  When is runningahead going to get an Android App?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

PADRunner

Damn near 70 this morning, turned 3m easy into 3m tempo+. It's roller coaster time though it's supposed t drop into the 40's through the day with rain.

on my way to badass

We're on a weather roller coaster here too. RD with regard to running. Housework and holiday stuff. Last day of freedom before Christmas vacation.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Dad on the run.

Gustav - That's funny about your cash back. I'm pretty sure they don't keep that much around Tongue haha

Awood - I would love a phone app as well!

AFM - I'm tired this morning. Our daughter is paranoid now about throwing up so she came downstairs in the middle of the night worried about getting sick again, then I woke up again about an hour after that and had the hardest time going back to sleep Sad. We have a Christmas party tonight with an open bar and karaoke so that should be loads of fun!

What's with this weather! Our high for this weekend is 76... seriously? Not to mention severe storms and possible tornadic activity... I just want snow for Christmas.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

We have strange weather, as well. Pouring rain yesterday, 70s today.

Sad news; my grandma died yesterday. 96 years old! It was ok, she had a failing heart and kidneys, among other things, and it was time. The waiting was tough, but it's ok. My poor mom is actually relieved, you know?

Sorry to be a downer, it's all good. Last day of work for DW and me and then two glorious weeks off! Smile

Happy Friday and have a great weekend.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I took a URD yesterday.  Hoping to run today.  One of the two orders that are due are completed.  Also, picking Trixie up at the vet today, hoping for good news next week.

Gustav, it's like winning the lottery!

Bin, enjoy the 3.

Mitch, nice 2.  Is there a reason for your tirenedness?  Hope it's nothing major.

Phillie, I'm jealous!  Enjoy your vacation.

PAD, I wish it was 70F here.  It's hot.

Awood, yay for running outside.

Stone, enjoy the rest day.

Jimmy, hope your daughter does not throw up!

Jack, sorry about your grandmother.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hi, folks!  I'm still running some amount of miles.  3 more days until the finals are over- yay! 

Good luck tomorrow to Stone Fence!

Gustav- You are going to buy us all running shoes, right?

Damaris- Glad you're getting Trixie back home.  Hoping for good news next week.

Jack- Sorry for your loss.  We had a similar experience when my mom's mother passed, I thought she was going to fall apart but instead it was like she could finally relax instead of worrying about everything.

tracilynn

Gus, did you ask for that back in $1s?

bin, nice 3. I was curious if y'all do presents from Santa for the kids Over in Singapore?

hog, that's a lot of hours and some are weird shifts. That would be tough For anybody.

Margo, have fun swimming.

Pad, we have the strange weather too. Mid 70s tomorrow and small tornado risk.

Anson, you're right!  RA needs an app. for real.

Stone, enjoy the rest

jimmy, stomach virus has hit our house too and my son was the same way. Paranoid. I hate vomit.

Jack, sorry about your g.ma. Mine was 95

and the same way health wise. That's a good long life. Hugs To you. 2 weeks off. Wee.

Docket, fingers crossed you get good news about TriXie.

I just got over a stomach virus but decided last night I was feeling great so I went for a run. Realized about 2 miles in it was probably a dumb idea as I had ZERO energy and then I was 2 miles from home. Ha.  So anyway did 4.1 painfully slow miles.

Taking the littles to see Santa today. Pray for me. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Hmm. So the 100k is actually not a real lucky draw prize for gustav?

Traci, we do buy gift for children for Xmas.  We also exchange gift with friends but not a certain thing. Usually, I don't observed the present unwrapping on Xmas morning. Bought playmobil for DS this year which he's already playing now. Nothing for DW & DD though. ho Ho Ho Tongue

Jack, sorry for your loss.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

My sympathies to your family, Jack.

Guess you don't need to play MegaMillions, Gus.

RD for us after 7 yesterday.  I was surprisingly sore after, maybe because of the leg machines on Wednesday.

Have a great weekend !!!