Beginners and Beyond

THURSdaylies are also for running. (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7.5 in the dark.  I felt pretty good, and enjoyed it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

on my way to badass

Nice job PR!

I need to get a long run in.  Maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  13 miles on the TM this morning, Pilates tonight.  Off to Court.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

For me, these Thursdailies are for running BADLY.  Holy crap did I struggle on my run this morning.  I was supposed to do 30 minutes easy, 15 tempo, 30 easy, 15 tempo.  I didn't even attempt the tempo efforts.  I was tired, sluggish, hot, and sucking wind.  My splits suggest I ran fine for 7 miles, but the reality is that I really started to hurt 5 miles into it and just held on as long as I could.  I even had to stop and rest a couple of times.  I was soaked from humidity and my heart rate was pushing 170 for most of the run.  Today I am just glad to have finished the entire 90 minutes despite wanting to quit 5 miles into it.  I figure I am good for two bad runs a year.  Anyway, 11.3 miles at 7:55 avg pace.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

21 trainer miles.  Guess I'm doing it wrong.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Weird having hubby here in court with me. I think I feel him laughing.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Weird having hubby here in court with me. I think I feel him laughing.  Sigh.

Auntie gone?

Docket_Rocket

Auntie gone?

Yeap. She spent a week. A week too long, LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I got in 7.2 miles this morning, I had to force myself to get up. I felt a little sick to my stomach throughout the run, or dizzy, or something.

I bought a weighted jump rope last week, I guess by 1 lb, it means 1 lb in each handle.

Why is it that I can run for hours, but 30 seconds of jumping rope has me breathing heavy and wore out?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

For me, these Thursdailies are for running BADLY.  Holy crap did I struggle on my run this morning.  I was supposed to do 30 minutes easy, 15 tempo, 30 easy, 15 tempo.  I didn't even attempt the tempo efforts.  I was tired, sluggish, hot, and sucking wind.  My splits suggest I ran fine for 7 miles, but the reality is that I really started to hurt 5 miles into it and just held on as long as I could.  I even had to stop and rest a couple of times.  I was soaked from humidity and my heart rate was pushing 170 for most of the run.  Today I am just glad to have finished the entire 90 minutes despite wanting to quit 5 miles into it.  I figure I am good for two bad runs a year.  Anyway, 11.3 miles at 7:55 avg pace.

Sounds like a race simulation to me. Well it's kind of what you need anyway.

What pace are you running your 20 at?

5 easy. Glad to have a short one.

Dave

delicate flower

Sounds like a race simulation to me. Well it's kind of what you need anyway.

What pace are you running your 20 at?

The LR is supposed to be "easy."  I'll start at 8:00-8:15 and see how it goes.  I'm a little nervous about the run since I have a hard effort 50 mile bike ride the day before. Like you said though, it is race simulation.

<3

LRB

Jetta and I got in 7.2 miles this morning, I had to force myself to get up. I felt a little sick to my stomach throughout the run, or dizzy, or something.

I bought a weighted jump rope last week, I guess by 1 lb, it means 1 lb in each handle.

Why is it that I can run for hours, but 30 seconds of jumping rope has me breathing heavy and wore out?

People who can jump rope for hours would likely say the same thing about running. I went swimming the other week and was gasping for air like an out of shape slug. It's just how it is when you're not used to doing a particular activity.

LRB

21 trainer miles.  Guess I'm doing it wrong.

Or maybe he is. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

People who can jump rope for hours would likely say the same thing about running. I went swimming the other week and was gasping for air like an out of shape slug. It's just how it is when you're not used to doing a particular activity.

I thought maybe because jump roping forces me to use my brain and focus 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)