Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES. I think. (Read 38 times)

StepbyStep-SH

I am not very awake, but pretty sure it's Saturday.

What are YOU doing today?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Me? I am going to hang out at the Y. On a treadmill. For too damn long. Since I thought signing up for a winter marathon would be fun (don't do it again!), the chance of having to do a long run inside caught up with me. Freezing rain and a dusting of snow overnight likely made the streets and sidewalks a sheet of ice. So ... 22 miles is the goal. On a TM. But it's a chance to try out my wardrobe for race day, right? Right? Work with me, people!

Speaking of which, I'm having to try a new race day outfit because my favorite running tank, fitted with a big pocket in the back, which I have worn for at least 4 marathons, a 50k, a 24-hour race and countless training runs, is now starting to cause chafing after just a few miles. I'm really bummed, because it was the perfect shirt. The pocket was big enough to hold my phone and 3-4 gels with no bouncing, no need for a separate spibelt. I'm now on the hunt for a new one. At least my upcoming marathon is one where we can set our things on a table alongside the track and run past them every few minutes - no need to carry gels or phone with me.

Make it a great one, runners! And remember, it could be worse. You could be on a TM for hours like me.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MothAudio

Good morning Step! Friday: SRD. Came here to justify the margins on my text and the thread I click on is from you. Don't recall my record for distance on the TM but your workout tops it. Be sure to report back any comments from the peanut gallery. Is the TM set up for auto-shut off or does it run continuous? Yeah, today I run! It's supposed to rain all day but it's 50° [or will be] so who cares. Getting psyched for the games later.

Run inspired!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

happylily

Good Morning Step and Moth!

Shari, I'm sending you my best TM vibes! If you're going to do an indoor marathon, going in circle again and again, this TM run is great mental training for you. Just focus on the miles, one at a time, and work on making each one perfect, exactly as you want them. You can do this!

I was scheduled for 7 recovery miles and tomorrow was 18, but I have a brunch/baby shower to attend tomorrow, between 10 am and 5 pm and I am so not waking up at 6 am on a Sunday to run 18 miles...  I'll do the LR this afternoon, on very very tired legs... :-(

Have a great Saturday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

'Sup peeps!

I am itching to get outside and like Mike it is raining and I could not care less!

First things, first though; someone coffee me!

Hip Redux

Yep, will be running in the 50 degree rain too!  Shouldn't be too bad this morning, at least.  But later in the day it will be pouring and I'll try to avoid running in that slop.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SRD. Boyfriend and his dog are on the way up for a visit. I'm cleaning the apartment. Was gonna go to the gym but my foot hurts a little. Not the kind of pain that I felt when I was first injured but since I was in the boot for a month the boot does not allow for plantarflexion, dorsiflexion, or and side to side movement at the foot/ankle and I think all the muscles involved in normal walking movement are stiff and weak. I used and stretched those muscles a lot in yoga last night and I feel it today. Like I said t doesn't HURT but I want to take a RD just in case. I'd rather be overly cautious then too eager and end up regretting it.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day as I continue to be disciplined on my road back.

Puppy pool this morning.

Marjorie

Me? I am going to hang out at the Y. On a treadmill. For too damn long. Since I thought signing up for a winter marathon would be fun (don't do it again!), the chance of having to do a long run inside caught up with me. Freezing rain and a dusting of snow overnight likely made the streets and sidewalks a sheet of ice. So ... 22 miles is the goal. On a TM.  

I think the correct emoticon would be . Because that would make me crazy. Although Lily makes an excellent point about this being the perfect training method for your race.

Like last weekend, need to figure out which day will be better for LR, in terms of weather. Mid-30's would seem perfect, but no so much in the rain. Will report back later.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Step hope you have a movie to watch on the TM that is a LONG time!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either SRD or 5 miles depending on time.  Driving to Orlando for the race, shopping, eating, expo, so we'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies, and Happy Saturday!

Going to shoot for 3.5 today, in the afternoon after this rain has passed through. Had some thunder around 4 AM or so, but I went back to sleep quickly. Body must be tired.

Attention those in the southeast, there's a line of thunderstorms stretching from around Montgomery, Alabama through Atlanta, GA, and it includes at least one tornado warning a little ways north-by-northeast of Atlanta. Be careful out there. The line is moving east/northeast fairly quickly, but if you live in the Carolinas or in the areas where it's at now, be careful.

Actually, the rain goes past Montgomery, and down to Mobile, AL and into the gulf. There's also rain a ways up to the north and northeast of GA in eastern TN and KY, and moving through the Carolinas as we speak. The tornado warning has disappeared from my map so that's good.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Will run for scenery.

It's still Friday for me.  Got wrapped up in a new book around bedtime, and, uh, looks like Saturday is gonna be a "rest day".

Wow : 22 miles on a TM!  It never even dawned on me that that was a possibility.   I guess it's a good incentive to run really, really fast. 

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

delicate flower

WHAT DA YA GOT THERE, HOMBRE!  Happy Saturday!

7.5 on the gym treadmill with 6 at GMP.  7:31 avg pace.  That was tough but a good run.  19 weeks until marathon.

Errands, chores, and whatnot today.  Rain, rain, rain out there.

<3

Just B.S.

Sort of annoyed today which doesnt happen very often Smile

Started feeling like I was getting a cold Thursday night. Was still able to get in 1,200 yards at the

pool yesterday morning but felt so awful last night I had to skip my planned 7 miles and lay on the sofa

With a burning throat.

Still feeling awful today and can't talk but at least I can  get in some mindless spinning  time on my bike trainer.

Hoping if I rest up today I can do some of my planned 12 miles for tomorrow.

Annoyed because this weekend is the first time in 5 weeks the temp has gone up to 35 and I should be

outdoors running Sad  Grateful though that I do multisport and can switch up if necessary and still get in a workout.

I will be following friends online doing the Dopey so that will be fun. Have a good weekend everyone,