Beginners and Beyond

First day of spring Sundailies (Read 37 times)

delicate flower

It is officially SPRING so where hell is it ffs!  I felt a little achy and fidgety last night, and I am achy today.  I've got a bike ride on the schedule and really don't feel like pedaling the spin bike in the basement, so it looks like it'll be a chilly ride in 30 degree temps.  I'll tag along with DW to the pool later too for an unscheduled bonus swim.

Good luck to today's racers!!

03/20 music_girl117 - Miles to Music 20K

03/20 Elizabeth78 - Shamrock Half Marathon

03/20 Docket_Rocket - Shamrock Marathon

03/20 Jill. - NYC Half Marathon (Goal: Don't PW)

And to DaveP who refuses to post in the race thread.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

It turns out that it is indeed possible for a pool to be too warm!  But I swam for an hour.  I wish I could do that every day.  Now I get to kill time until I go to the airport in a few hours and cram myself into a tin can for 12+ hours. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

It is officially SPRING so where hell is it ffs!  I felt a little achy and fidgety last night, and I am achy today.  I've got a bike ride on the schedule and really don't feel like pedaling the spin bike in the basement, so it looks like it'll be a chilly ride in 30 degree temps.  I'll tag along with DW to the pool later too for an unscheduled bonus swim.

Good luck to today's racers!!

03/20 music_girl117 - Miles to Music 20K

03/20 Elizabeth78 - Shamrock Half Marathon

03/20 Docket_Rocket - Shamrock Marathon

03/20 Jill. - NYC Half Marathon (Goal: Don't PW)

And to DaveP who refuses to post in the race thread. 

Yeah, DaveP should be ashamed of himself for not posting in the race thread.  

onemile

Yeah, DaveP should be ashamed of himself for not posting in the race thread.  

+1

FFS.

Arrived about 2 hrs 15 min early. Because this is a pretty big event, and there are a few races that start before the HM, and wanted to make sure to get good parking. So, a long wait.

Dave

LRB

Meanwhile, I just ran a  half marathon personal worst by 6 minutes, and could not have been happier to be done with a run!

1:39:58 according to Garmin.

I didn't have a time goal given where I am, I just went out and let my body pick the pace. I was doing good through 9 miles, then lost my rhythm during an incline somewhere shortly after that. Then a mile or two later, the wheels came off!

My legs and ass were fried and the last 3 miles were essentially a cool down run, except, it wasn't on purpose!

It. Was. Awful.

Somehow I managed to keep my head up despite being passed in droves. It was pretty disheartening, but I just didn't have anything.

This was one of those times where just finishing the stupid thing became the goal, and I was completely content with that!

7:20

7:27

7:28

7:29

7:36

7:46

8:03

8:11

8:06

15.4 miles for the day and I have nothing left!

Meanwhile, I just ran a  half marathon personal worst by 6 minutes, and could not have been happier to be done with a run!

Dude. For where you've been, this is a BFD. You're on the way back, baby!

Dave

delicate flower

It. Was. Awful.

A bad run on race day!  I hate it when that happens!  Still not a bad day for having a bad day.  Nice to see you finish another half marathon despite it being a tough one.  You've been battling that injury bug for a while now but you are on your way back.

Meanwhile, I just finished my bike ride and froze my dick off.  25 miles in 28 degree temps.  My core was plenty warm, but my fingers, toes, and face were frozen.  BRRRRRR!

<3

onemile

I didn't have a time goal given where I am, I just went out and let my body pick the pace. I was doing good through 9 miles, then lost my rhythm during an incline somewhere shortly after that. Then a mile or two later, the wheels came off!

My legs and ass were fried and the last 3 miles were essentially a cool down run, except, it wasn't on purpose!

It. Was. Awful.

Somehow I managed to keep my head up despite being passed in droves. It was pretty disheartening, but I just didn't have anything.

This was one of those times where just finishing the stupid thing became the goal, and I was completely content with that!

7:20

7:36

7:46

8:03

8:11

8:06

15.4 miles for the day and I have nothing left!

Sounds like you just might show up in the Boston Corral after all hey?

From the Internet.

A bad run on race day!  I hate it when that happens!  Still not a bad day for having a bad day.  Nice to see you finish another half marathon despite it being a tough one.  You've been battling that injury bug for a while now but you are on your way back.

+1 to all - at the very least, you got in a good workout! I'm expecting a similar scenario when I run a half this spring (free entry coming my way for volunteering, so why not).

I'm gonna probably run something at some point today. Also have to make a Costco run and go to the gym for bench press day, which I will probably do, like, now. Good luck to the rest of the racers!

Cyberic

18.75 miles with 11 at MP. Was a GU practice run, and a good thing too. My stomach felt a bit weird. Gonna take some again next week. I was running around a 2 mile loop (the botanical garden), so my water stops for the gu had to be there. So I went

WU + GU/water break + 4MP + GU/water break + 4 MP + GU/water break + 3MP + CD.

That last one was supposed to be a 2 miler to get to a total of 10, but decided to run another lap with the first half at MP.

Cyberic

Was thinking the same thing Smile

Go out conservatively at a 7:45 pace and still get a BQ with a 3:23 finish time!!! You can do this!!!

MTA: 3:24 if you take a minute seduce rhe Wesseley girls 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.6 chilly miles.  Spring is overrated.

LRB, you kicked ass considering your last few months.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

The elephant in the room will not be acknowledged. 

We can discuss dinner plans though. Big grin

LRB

Thanks peeps! I'm really happy with my day as a whole. This event falls perfectly on the calender, and while I probably should have run it at easy pace, the competitor in me was having none of that!

This was the longest I've raced without looking at my watch (except during mile 11, when I wondered what monster was chasing all of them people who were passing me lol) and I must say that under the circumstances, I did pretty good.