Beginners and Beyond

For those who miss Blue Fox (Read 428 times)

xor

For those of you who miss the wisdom and "wit" of Blue Fox, he has a new ponderance up on RWOL this morning.

Blue Fox asks about asbestos.  (on the new site, RWOL links are really really funky.  That may or may not work.)

If you just dropped in from outer space and had not previously encountered Blue Fox, you'd likely take that post very seriously.  For the rest of us, well...

For those who just can't bear to re-enter RWOL (and you WILL wait for the request to process)...

======

Blue Fox

Score: 0

Exposed to asbestos and still running?

Is there anyone here that have been exposed to asbestos and they're still running?

I got exposed to a lot of asbestos in 2005 at my hospital workplace when I walked through an asbestos abatement in the hallway that went wrong.

I went for x-rays and a CT and the results showed that there have been changes in my body that showed exposure to asbestos - right side pleural thickening. I have experienced right side chest pain.

A few months ago, I even had left side chest pains near my heart, but a treadmill ECG and chest x-ray showed normal results.

I read about studies that people were exposed to asbestos have an increase risk for cardiovascular disease - heart attacks and strokes too.

Should I be worried?

LRB

Hey Blue!

We smoked that shit when I was a yute and my lung feels great!  OH!

happylily

Are you mocking someone? And I thought that you said you love everybody, SRL  Now I'm really disappointed...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

GC100k

This is a zombie or re-post.  He posted about this before.  I replied with the fact that a minute of exposure while walking down a hall is insignificant (I teach human health risk assessment), but he obviously doesn't believe what reasonable people say.

xor

Are you mocking someone? And I thought that you said you love everybody, SRL  Now I'm really disappointed...

Mocking?

Um.

???

Blue Fox's posts are pretty legendary... all I did was cut and paste it here for people who miss his stuff.

For real.  Not sure what the "mocking" aspect is.

(over there, I asked him if this was on the same level as his other strange things... and if not, to talk to his doctors)

happylily

If you say you're not mocking, then you're not. I'm not arguing with you. I'm just not sure why you'd post his post here. Should it be of concern to us? Is it so that we can start a healthy debate on asbestos? Or is it simply so that we can laugh at the guy, like it seems his other posts made some laugh on RW... (I don't know, I never followed any of his posts. Must be why I don't understand). I am just not understanding why the announcement here that he is back overthere, that's all. Why should we "miss" his "stuff"? Because it was funny?

P.S. Not being hostile. Simply curious.

not lazy, just tired

Yep, because it was funny. The crazy sister slashing shoes was classic.

Not if it makes sense.

happylily

Ah! Okay... so it was posted here so we can have a good laugh again. I get it now. Okay, no problem. Carry on. Big grin Thanks stupidlazydog! :-)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think we're being targetted by the ads. Here we're having a discussion related to asbestos and the ad above the last post was directed toward people who have asthma problems.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

You needed a magnifying glass to see the "slash"!

xor

the slashed shoe was just one of SEVERAL weird stories.  not sure why the default was me mocking, but ok. the thread title should be taken literally.

LRB

Yeah I didn't really read those threads except the shoe slasher one.  There was another about some paint or something.  Really bizarre.

No one was really mean to him, we were all just like is this real?!

xor

There was "my sister slashed my shoe!" ... which involved him living in his parents' basement.  And he doesn't seem to be a kid.

There was "someone smudged the lens on my camera!"... which happened while he was spectating a race or a parade or something.  Further digging, and it turns out that the camera never left his neck.

There was a long list he posted of helpful tips for improving one's performance in races.  Getting faster.  It included things like "tuck in your shirt".  And it was written with the same matter-of-factness that, say, LoveTheHalf uses.  Except about really bizarre things.

There were more.

Anyway, not a mock.  And not to "relive old times" or whatever.... seriously a heads up about new stuff from someone that a few of you have been reading for at least a couple years.

Don't need to poke me for it.

xor

xor