Beginners and Beyond

Good race pics (Read 117 times)

Love the Half

We all get those atrocious race pics but in a sea of bad race pics we get the occasional good one.  This is from last Saturday's Charleston Distance Run.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Little Blue

You should submit that to RWOL for their cover contest.

LRB

Someone is going to have a coronary when they see that tucked shirt.  lol

happylily

It's a great picture. Your body looks relaxed while holding a perfect form and you look like you're concentrating on the task. A man on a mission.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Looking good there. The floater is a bonus. To add to LRB's comment, my 20-something daughter would remark, "you like a Dad with your shirt tucked in".

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

onemile

My best race pics are from a race where I was running a conservative pace.  The harder I am working the more unflattering the pictures.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice!  A floater and looking strong...great photo!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Love the Half

Pssht.  These guys are all tucked so I'm going to assume they know what they're doing.  

Actually, I tuck for two reasons.  First, and probably most importantly, the shirt absorbs sweat for a while when tucked.  In the summer, I can run for maybe 90 minutes before my shoes start squishing if the shirt is tucked.  If it's not tucked, sweat drips off and my shoes are squishy in an hour.  Beyond that though, is that it is simply more comfortable for me.  I don't like the shirt flopping around.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Zelanie

That pic looks exactly like what you describe in your race reports- focused and all business.  The hand looks clenched, though!

Here is a pic of me a mile from the finish in what is still my highest V02Max race yet.  Why am I so happy? (hmm, I am about to totally smoke the woman whose arm is on the side.)  I have no idea what went right that day, or how to recreate it.  Also, how on earth am I racing in that shirt, no matter what the temperature is?

LRB

Dave

Brilliant

That's a great pic, LTH.

and Zel, I love the full picture of your avatar - a floater - cool!

bluerun

Super B****

My best race pics are from a race where I was running a conservative pace.  The harder I am working the more unflattering the pictures.

Not so for me... this was a PR.  (Although it only turned into one after I failed at keeping my pace appropriately easy, since it was supposed to be a training run... so maybe this was taken during my first lap.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

That pic looks exactly like what you describe in your race reports- focused and all business.  The hand looks clenched, though!

Here is a pic of me a mile from the finish in what is still my highest V02Max race yet.  Why am I so happy? (hmm, I am about to totally smoke the woman whose arm is on the side.)  I have no idea what went right that day, or how to recreate it.  Also, how on earth am I racing in that shirt, no matter what the temperature is?

This is the coolest floater ever -- you literally look like you're levitating.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Pics like these are among my favorites. This was from the 5K yesterday. It was the second year in a row that I've run it with my youngest and hopefully there will be many more. And she PR'd. She did say she would have gone faster but her glasses kept slipping. Guess we'll need to remedy that for the next race.