Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguin Happy Indepedence Day Singapore.. (Read 31 times)

Bin Running

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Morning.. A little early today..

National day for my country...  A national celebration 2 years ago I think.. Showing part of where I run..

http://youtu.be/O7g-PUjbusQ

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O7g-PUjbusQ" frameborder="0" width="560" height="315"></iframe>

11.5M done in the morning.. 2 days away from 10.5M race.. Not sure if it is a bad idea,, But I wanted to hit 45M for the week.... so... Big grin

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning Bin!

I ended up coming home last night, and now have to head back to Detroit.  I tried to get in a 6 mile run today, and while I managed to do that I also managed to find a rise in the sidewalk in the dark.  The ground comes up at you real fast when that happens.  I don't think I even had time to react.  I was doing a self assessment...yep shoulder hurts, elbow hurts, scraped my leg pretty good...then, I was like, "Why the hell am I running again already?  My ribs hurt!".  I finished that mile with an ironic 9:11 pace.  The next mile was 8:50.  I expect some serious bruising.  Could have been a lot worse.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning!    Enjoy the Holiday Bin.  Watch out for those cracks, Awood.

Another perfect running day, so we will probably do another 5  miles of running/walking.  Quiet weekend is planned

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday!  Rest day for me today and will pick up my packet after work for my 5K tomorrow. 46th race of the year.

Today, August 9th, is National Rice Pudding Day - yes, MsM, another think I don' like - and Worldwide Art Day

rice pudding cartoons, rice pudding cartoon, rice pudding picture, rice pudding pictures, rice pudding image, rice pudding images, rice pudding illustration, rice pudding illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Independence Day from Malaysia, Bin!  Congrats on on your miles and good luck with your race this weekend!

Sorry about the sidewalk fall, Awood.  See?  Stay off the sidewalk...it's not good to be on crack... Wink  Hope all your aches and pains dissipate quickly!

"Another perfect running day"....Aww, shut up, Jerry!  Wink   Another day of 103 for us.   Enjoy your run/walk in your great weather.

Enjoy that SRD, Damaris!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Morning pens! My legs.. oddly.. feel fine after 3 miles on the roads yesterday! Yeah progress! (And, uh, I may or may not have run up 2 hills yesterday and then was too embarrassed to admit to it until I was sure my calves were fine Blush They're good today though. Ice, massage/foam rolling, and sleeping in compression sleeves was enough to keep them happy.) Weights and water running for me today - wanted to go earlier but the pool isn't open until 11:30. Then spending the rest of the afternoon writing.

Nice job on the 11.5 Bin!

Awood - that's my running nightmare D: I am clumsy as anything so if I zone out for a few seconds and there's something to trip over, you can bet I will find it. Hope you're not too banged up!

Scotty and D, enjoy the RDs, and Jerry, have a nice run/walk.

Bin Running

Just back from a friend's 2yo birthday. Lots of fun and laughter.

Awood, sorry abt the fall. Hope it's nothing major.

Jerry, you are coming back strong.

Scotty,  enjoy the RD and rock that race. As usual.

Damaris, enjoy the RD.

Lauren, don't jinx it. Tongue. Hope you will feel fine every run.

Just finished with yday thread.

Mel, sorry abt Mia. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

G-morning Penguins!

Bin-- great job on all the miles this week.  Happy Independence Day Singapore.  What a beautiful, modern city!

Awood-  :-(  Oh not so good hitting the pavement like that.  Hope the bruises are in all the strategic places so you can tell everyone you've been brawling.  Anyway, heal fast, friend.

Hi Jerry!   Surprised you're not doing more wedding stuff today.  I guess even though you run today, you also get a rest day.

Scotty-- Happy Rice Pudding Day, and World Wide Art day.  Thank you for the comics and the daily laughs.  Survive the heat today!

Docket--- I'm taking a Scheduled rest day with you.  We should go shopping or something--- hello Amazon.com!

Lauren-- I'm so glad your legs are fine.  I've heard after an injury, people end up being almost too timid sometimes, because they fear reinjury.  Conquering those hills and coming out okay, might be the confidence builder you need.

Went out last night for a short while with a friend.  I got to be the designated driver, so I'm feeling fine, just not used to staying up until midnight usually.  Taking today off as a SRD.  Maybe I shouldn't rest but get thing done around here though!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Cherie, more like inknburn and lululemon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Bin, nice mileage.  It wont hurt ya for your race cause youre a beast.

Awood, I busted on a trail run once and you are right, there is no time to react and it "happens so fast" lol at the 9:11m/m

Jerry, enjoy your weather.  Its ridiculous humid here today.

Damaris, enjoy your rest/shopping day

Cherie, I heart amazon too.

Lauren, I know what you mean about being scared after injury.  I'm still afraid to try any speedwork or hills or Long runs.  Compression sleeves work very well for me too.

Scotty,  103 yikes

I got up early and ran 3.75 with last 1/2 mile barefoot.

I often wake at 5:15 -5:30 am then run  (about 40 mins) fasted.  I Get home and sip coffee, stretch, shower, deal with kids and its usually 8:00 am before I eat breakfast. Do you think thats bad for me?  You know "the rule" they say to eat within 1 hour of waking to keep your blood sugar Stable  Its often 2.5 to 3 hours after I WAKE before I eat.  Im just not that hungry and I feel fine.  Do you think I should make myself eat something?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Don't worry.  The face is okay.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Traci-- I always run before I eat.  Sometimes I put in 2+ hour runs.  The only time this strategy doesn't work is when I'm doing marathon training, and I guess my body runs on a glucose shortage or something, and then I start having major problems if I dont' eat something and eat the right things.

Docket-- I looked at both those websites.  Inkburn-- awesome!   Lulumon is pretty good too, but then my cheap takes over and says NOOOOO!  Target, Marshalls, and Amazon will have to do for this one Wink

Don't worry.  The face is okay.

Dangit, no tough brawler looks!  Ohh, I bet Pew is happy though.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4.25 running miles at 10:30 pace. K3's sure make my other shoes feel really cushy.

No wedding activities today, Cherie.  As far as I know, we are in pretty good shape. 4 weeks to go from tomorrow.