Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #8 (Read 36 times)

bluerun

Super B****

5 miles. My HR was oddly low.

That can counteract the rise in my blood pressure from picking up my Fred Lebow HM bib... I suspect that will happen every time I go get a bib for an NYRR race and am slapped in the face with the fact that I will be stuck in corral B for the rest of my damn life.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

1 mi of strides on flat with lots of tilt; back and forth on a parking lot   Got ice and a little snow yesterday, hopefully the paved park path will be Ice free for stream grade run tomorrow

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6 tonight.

Damaris

onemile

Good luck to Eric today at the dentist 

Cyberic

Good luck to Eric today at the dentist 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Cy!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

Good morning!  I finally dragged my ass to the pool for an early morning swim after going nearly two months without.  I felt like was starting all over again.  1800 slow yards done.  I mean, try not running for two months then go for a run.    Bike workout tonight, and it looks like a bear.  

DW is headed to Florida tonight for a girls weekend, which will include the Disney HM.  I will spend that time working, of course. 

Give it hell.

<3

RunningOnSand

You got this, Cy. Hoping all goes well.

RunningOnSand

Good morning!  I finally dragged my ass to the pool for an early morning swim after going nearly two months without.  I felt like was starting all over again.  1800 slow yards done.  I mean, try not running for two months then go for a run.    Bike workout tonight, and it looks like a bear.  

DW is headed to Florida tonight for a girls weekend, which will include the Disney HM.  I will spend that time working, of course. 

Give it hell.

Sounds rough. What's your swim schedule going to be like up through Boston? I didn't see you sign up for any tris this year yet, but you may have mentioned it and I just don't remember. 

Early morning strength training session that kicked my ass. I'm going to be sooooo soooooore tomorrow. My arms are already feeling it.  I was also planning on ~4mi today, but 1) youngest cherub is home sick with something, and 2) dog has a severe limp, and I'm taking her to the vet in an hour, so I'm not sure if I'll actually end up running. Which is actually okay, because I was considering taking today off. We'll see.

delicate flower

Sounds rough. What's your swim schedule going to be like up through Boston? I didn't see you sign up for any tris this year yet, but you may have mentioned it and I just don't remember. 

Early morning strength training session that kicked my ass. I'm going to be sooooo soooooore tomorrow. My arms are already feeling it.  I was also planning on ~4mi today, but 1) youngest cherub is home sick with something, and 2) dog has a severe limp, and I'm taking her to the vet in an hour, so I'm not sure if I'll actually end up running. Which is actually okay, because I was considering taking today off. We'll see.

I'm signed up for two half Ironmans this year (June 21 and Aug 2).  I'll have plenty of time after Boston to get the bike fitness back up, but I can't neglect the swimming.  I'll be looking at 2-3 swims a week going forward.  I'll also do a bunch of short triathlons during the summer.  I'm buying a new mountain bike this spring and will do the weekly Tuesday night off-road series.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Went to the gym this morning, glutes and legs and some arms and chest before running 3 miles.

I may or may not get in another 3 miles later today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Give it hell.

IDK, I never feel like getting back in the pool is quite as bad as getting back to running ... maybe that's because I just swim for leisure, though. I have never been fast, never will be fast, and I don't care.

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

IDK, I never feel like getting back in the pool is quite as bad as getting back to running ... maybe that's because I just swim for leisure, though. I have never been fast, never will be fast, and I don't care.

I've only been a swimmer for a few years, and I am middle of the pack when I am at my strongest.  It doesn't take much for me to lose my swim fitness.  My swimming at its peak probably equates to a 27-28 minute 5K runner.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I've only been a swimmer for a few years, and I am middle of the pack when I am at my strongest.  It doesn't take much for me to lose my swim fitness.  My swimming at its peak probably equates to a 27-28 minute 5K runner.

I'm probably a 60-minute 5K back-of-the-packer in terms of swimming ... I mean, not at the pool I go to now, but at the one I used to go to before I retired from triathlons. I think that's because I never actually learned how to swim ... I just jumped into the water when I was like two years old and somehow figured out a way to stay afloat and not drown. I can swim for a really long time, just not very fast, because my technique sucks. I've been doing it for so long that it would be a monumental effort to fix that, and I don't care enough about it to bother.

chasing the impossible