Beginners and Beyond

What's Your Favorite Drink? MonDAILIES (Read 290 times)

EbonyN

MusicofEbony

Hi Everyone,

I posted on the beginner's forum on Runnersworld under the name Malletgirl02. I had not been around lately since I have not been able to run due to my Achilles Tendonitis. I will be going to the doctor on December 28th for a follow up to see if I will be cleared to run. Although my left ankle is still weaker than my right it is still much better than it was back in November. I hopefully I get cleared and I can run again.

Formally known on the Runners World forums as Malletgirl02.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Welcome back, EbonyN. If you get cleared to run, make sure to ease into it a little slowly. Let your muscles, tendons, and all grow accustomed to running.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

I don't drink often, but when I do I like an amaretto sour (April- we're drink buddies!  lol).

I'm frustrated.  My fall was a week ago today and my leg feels totally fine- until I'm a mile or two into a run.  I saw my PT BIL about it last night and he agreed that I should go ahead and run today in my usual shoes (the runs that I cut short last week were in shoes that I'm not used to).  I made it 1.5 miles today before it started acting up, I quit running altogether after 1.66 miles.  It was 20 degrees with a "feels like" of 10, that was a cold walk home.  So I guess we can rule out the shoes as the culprit.  I'm signed up for the 2013 in 2013 game for the first time this year and I'm antsy to be running my full mileage, not sitting out with leg that feels fine all of the time except when I get far enough down the road to make for an obnoxious walk home.  I was already scheduling the next two days off anyway, so hopefully more rest will help.

This weekend we had a get together with DH's family, which was awesome because it means we'll be staying home on Christmas instead of doing the get-together Christmas day.  I enjoyed seeing everyone, and it was nice to extend our Christmas celebration instead of cramming it all into one day.  On the way home, we stopped by a house that does a massive light display every year.  You can turn your radio to a certain station and the lights are synchronized to the music.  At one point, it paused for a moment of reflection for the victims of Sandy Hook- all of the lights were shut off, then, as the read the name of each victim, a big star in the yard was lit up for each of them.  It was really something to see how many there were.  Tonight we are going to my parents to spend the evening with my side of the family- we'll exchange gifts, eat our traditional Christmas Eve meal, and have goodies.  

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your families!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Back from my 20 miler.  They were super slow (compared to my previous ones) but considering the knee (which was quiet and behaved), I'll take it.  I could've easily finished a marathon today but I abstain.  If it's not counted towards the second star on the Maniacs, I won't do it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

You didn't get the memo?  You're the only one at work!  Hope your day goes by quickly.

Happy Christmas Eve Day!  Is anybody else besides me WORKING today?  HOORAY WORK!

I got my speedwork in early today.  9 miles on the treadmill.  1/4 mile speed intervals with 1/4 mile recoveries.  7:35 avg pace.  Five of those intervals at sub-6:00 pace.  I pushed it hard today...tough workout.  Not sure I could have done 10 miles at that effort.  Good times.

Good time at mom's house yesterday.  I always enjoy seeing my nieces and nephews.  Smile  Mom way overdid on the gifts to me and Wife.

My favorite drink?  Coffee.

Enjoy your 12/24, gang!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Core work done.

It's a routine I have been putting together for the past month and includes about 14 myrtle exercises (thanks ma), 14 stretches, and 4 strength exercises with resistance bands.

It's quite a bit busy and takes about an hour, but it's complete and addresses my hip girdle weaknesses, and my overall body inflexibility.  There is no way in its current form that I will be able to do it on the days that I run, so this off season is perfect for it.

Other than calling it core work, as of now I do not have a name for this routine.  I do however, have a new name for me: Myrtle the Girdle.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Kristin, that tribute to Sandy Hook sounds nice. Hope that your pains subside soon so that you'll be able to crank up the running again!

Babboon, you're not the only one working. I know quite a few that are working today. Next year, I'll likely be working Christmas eve and Christmas. We're a 24/7 operation so sometimes, we have to work the holidays. Not complaining really - that's just the way it is.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Do ya have some cupcakes to share? Sounds good with my capt and diet.

Alright, mini red velvet cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting are done. Draggin my ass out the door now for my run. When I get

back I'm cleaning the house and making brownies. Woo!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Merry Christmas Eve to all of you that celebrate!  I did 11 miles this morning, the first 6 at easy pace and then the last 5 between 10-20 secs over MP.  Tonight I'll be reading at Christmas Eve mass, and then after that I'll watch A Christmas Story with my mom.  We don't have a ton of traditions, but that's one of them.  Last year we even went up to see thehouse where the movie was filmed, which was actually a lot of fun.  I hope you all have great days with your families and friends.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Ball of Fury

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!  Working 24 hours today so SRD!  I am not even sure what to say about my run yesterday....it was just a complete disaster and possibly the worst run I have ever had.  My legs felt ok, really, it was just everything else.  I just had no energy, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.  DD has had a cold for a couple days and I am now coming down with it, so I am sure that didn't help, but to be honest, I think it was more a mental thing.  I just felt like crap and I couldn't make myself push through, which is usually not a problem for me.  I ended up making it 14.1 miles and going home...average pace 9:40.  I can't even really describe why the run was so hard and it sucks that it was my last long run before the taper, but it's in the past and now I have to suck it up and move on, right?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

I can't even really describe why the run was so hard and it sucks that it was my last long run before the taper, but it's in the past and now I have to suck it up and move on, right?

Marathon training has a way of doing that!  Even the best of us has experienced something similar at some point, and we all have horror stories to tell about it.

What's important is to do what you said, put it behind you.  The goal of marathon training (or training for any distance for that matter) is to peak on race day, both physically and mentally.

Ball of Fury

Thanks LRB! I needed to hear that today!

LRB

Supp T/3, SIAR, jneilt, Purple, Mr Skywalker, Baboon (I must be the only one here that doesn't know that song!), Flip, Kristin and the forum member formerly know as Mallet Girl (TFMFKAMG)!

D, I'm starting to think that you are a machine too!

We all know girls have their own stuff they need to do (makeup, hair, nails etc...) but men have to deal with stuff too such as shaving.  It may sound petty but it's a frickin bore.  Having said that I have not shaved since Thursday, and now my face looks like a raccoon coat!  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Whenever I have my long run as a bad run, my marathons go well.  I even missed my last LR of 22 miles before Berlin because of severe nausea.  It didn't affect me.  You'll be fine.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!  Working 24 hours today so SRD!  I am not even sure what to say about my run yesterday....it was just a complete disaster and possibly the worst run I have ever had.  My legs felt ok, really, it was just everything else.  I just had no energy, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.  DD has had a cold for a couple days and I am now coming down with it, so I am sure that didn't help, but to be honest, I think it was more a mental thing.  I just felt like crap and I couldn't make myself push through, which is usually not a problem for me.  I ended up making it 14.1 miles and going home...average pace 9:40.  I can't even really describe why the run was so hard and it sucks that it was my last long run before the taper, but it's in the past and now I have to suck it up and move on, right?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Supp T/3, SIAR, jneilt, Purple, Mr Skywalker, Baboon (I must be the only one here that doesn't know that song!), Flip, Kristin and the forum member formerly know as Mallet Girl (TFMFKAMG)!

D, I'm starting to think that you are a machine too!

We all know girls have their own stuff they need to do (makeup, hair, nails etc...) but men have to deal with stuff too such as shaving.  It may sound petty but it's a frickin bore.  Having said that I have not shaved since Thursday, and now my face looks like a raccoon coat!  Smile

Um....we have to shave more body parts than you do!