Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins (Read 11 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Today I've got run/swim/run planned.   It is really dreary outside and I run to the Y outdoors, but I guess as long as it isn't actively down pouring I'll suck it up.

What's everyone else got planned for this wonderful Monday?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  My folks came up for the weekend, so DH and I enjoyed spending time with them.  Mostly shopping and eating, although we're also planning a trip out west with them this summer, so we kind of finalized the plans, and bought all our plane tickets.  Wooo-hoo!!  So now I'm troubleshooting about six things in my lab, trying desperately to get everything finished, because we leave on Thursday for competition!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles and weights tonight.

Jill, enjoy the planned workouts.

Hope, glad you had a nice family weekend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Jill - you can always run in your bathing suit.  Then it won't matter if you get rained on;-)

HopesMom - where are you and your folks vacationing this summer?  Good luck with the competition next weekend.

D - enjoy your 8 and Pilates tonight. Are you ramping up the weekly miles for your ultra?

We have "wind advisories" forecast for today, so I may end up on the TM.  30+ mph winds are more than I'm willing to play with.

Singer who runs a smidge

Went for a walk, for the first time in what, two weeks?  I'm on the mend!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Jill - you can always run in your bathing suit.  Then it won't matter if you get rained on;-)

HopesMom - where are you and your folks vacationing this summer?  Good luck with the competition next weekend.

D - enjoy your 8 and Pilates tonight. Are you ramping up the weekly miles for your ultra?

We have "wind advisories" forecast for today, so I may end up on the TM.  30+ mph winds are more than I'm willing to play with.

Based on the fact that Summer is here and we are already in mid 90s for heat indexes during the day, I will most likely (hell no) not running my 50K in this crap.  I hate wind.  I would be on the TM for 20mph or above.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page