Beginners and Beyond

Guess what DAILIES it is (Read 37 times)

LRB

LRB

What up doe crew!

I am heading out for some easy miles here in a bit.  The weather is cooperating (SAY WHAT?!) so it will be another outdoor run.  Life is good.

What about you?

Damn it, Rick. You beat me to it. Enjoy your run.

I just finished a late breakfast. (Turkish coffee that I didn't have to make myself, yay!) I'm sipping tea at a cafe on Yafo Street before walking over to the Old City.

A few easy miles late this afternoon. My last run before Friday.

Morning all.

9 miles on the treadmill with 5 at tempo. Cut 6 sec/mile off the usual tempo pace. Toughest run in a long time, especially after just coming off 10 last night, then rolling right out of bed onto the mill.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

happylily

Morning guys!

Basya, you're there already? That's so cool... Pictures for us, please!

15 easy after work.

Question: if someone finds a toenail in bed, and puts it under her/his pillow, will the toenail fairy come by with a pile of money?

Zel, how is Zoe doing today? Can she walk around?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Rested the last two days, I'll go out today for a few super easy recovery miles.  Actually feeling pretty good though, I've been rolling with the R8 the last couple of days, and going for walks, that definitely helps.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

DaveP MI, nice nine.

Lily, I arrived a little before 3:00 p.m. local time yesterday. I'm posting my photos on Facebook. You (and anyone else who's interested) may PM me, so that I can add you to my list of friends. Enjoy your fifteen-miler.

Dave, what's the R8?

I'm on my way to the expo to check out the merchandising.

delicate flower

Good morning, kiddos!  Basya, have fun this week!

I've got an all day off site meeting to attend.  Oy.

7 medium effort miles last night on a hilly route.  8:06 pace, and it was a gorgeous evening.  I hit the gym treadmill early this morning for 7 more easy miles.  11 hours between runs made it feel like a double.  Two more real easy days planned heading into my HM Saturday.    Ok then.

And of course, Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife today. 

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Goooood morning!   GREAT run/walk last night!

Sunny, 85 degrees, low humidity and dew-point, clear blue skies, light wind.   Yeah, a great day for a run on the San Antonio Riverwalk and that's where I went.  SO convenient to work for University of Texas - San Antonio because we have a campus in the downtown area right near the Riverwalk.   So I started there, got onto the Riverwalk, made a big loop on the paths there - enjoying the BRIGHT green water, as San Antonio dyes the river a VERY green for the week of St. Patrick's Day - and then back to the campus, where I could then use the shower facilities before driving home.   Ended up with 4.2 miles.    Non running day today, plan on doing my weight training circuit if I don't get too darn lazy after the work day.

Good luck with your miles, Basya.  What the heck time is it over there anyway?  Yeah, like Lily said..it would be cool to see some pics from other there...with some with you in them, of course!

Congrats on your run, Dave, and the 6-sec per mile improvement!

Happy recovery miles, D2!  I bet your 'easy' pace would be a speed-work pace for me, lol.

Good luck with the 15 after work, Lily.    Question: if someone finds a toenail in bed, and puts it under her/his pillow, will the toenail fairy come by with a pile of money?  Careful...the fairy might show up and give you a toe job!   

Happy birthday to your wife, Baboon!    http://www.bluemountain.com/ecards/birthday/woofy-birthday/card-3267180

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

7 medium effort miles last night on a hilly route.  8:06 pace, and it was a gorgeous evening.  I hit the gym treadmill early this morning for 7 more easy miles.  11 hours between runs made it feel like a double

Yeah I was feeling the same thing, closest I will get since I've never actually done a true double. I didn't do the math until now but it was only about 9:45 between the end of last night's run & the beginning of this morning's. You did the smart thing & made the 2nd one an easy run; I had a relatively hard one this morning that was made even harder. Probably also did not help that I put no fuel or water in me before the run this morning.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I'm going to make this an URD. Legs are just very tired and a bit sore - not sure if it is just cumulative from the last three weeks or what. I will take extra time stretching and rolling, and martial arts tonight will provide a bit of a workout - we always do push-ups, sit-ups, and some punching drills where we hold in a half-squat position (great for the quads!).

Happy birthday to MBC!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

I think the toenail fairy brings new pairs of shoes!

Basya- Have a great time!

Lily, last night's report was that Zoe was doing well, but they hadn't tried to get her up and around yet.  I believe that she will need to walk with a sling under her back end for a while.  They will evaluate her this morning and call with an update mid-morning.

RD for me because of surprise choir concert tonight.  Thanks for the heads up, DD. 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. Happy birthday MBC! HI BASYA IN JERUSALEM!

I was very tired at the end of yesterday. I started nodding off on the couch at 8PM. Fortunately DW was watching Downton Abbey on the laptop, so she didn't care. I got some decent sleep, so I was up and greeted my 9+ mile Tempo run with gusto. It was something like 20 min Easy + 8 x (5 min Tempo + 30 sec Easy) + 20 min Easy. I think I'm getting used to this pace because my HR stayed lower.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Morning! In court most of the day.  SRD for me.

Ms. Baboon, Happy Birthday!

Basya, your FB pics are great!  keep sharing them and good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Basya, it's a spring loaded massager, here's a thread I started on it.  It's been great, I use it everyday.  Good luck!! Smile

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/4a48c0462c0c4d8faa69a46774d9b4cc/0

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!