Beginners and Beyond

November miles! Whatcha got??? POST EM! (Read 268 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

109.4 miles for me this month - actually a few miles higher than I had thought I'd do considering the taper and post-race rest. I eased off after the race, but not to the extent I thought that I would.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

EasyMiles

200.31 for me in November.  A little less than I wanted, nursing a shin splint on my left leg.  I ordered some new shoes that come tomorrow, so hopefully those with a few days of relative rest will help.  I hate days off and December is a great base building month so hoping for a quick recovery.

@runjerseygirl

47.95 for the month.  And that was with me taking a whole week off.  I'm kind of mad I did now, because I would have had a new PR month.  Oh well.  On to December.

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

47.95 for the month.  And that was with me taking a whole week off.  I'm kind of mad I did now, because I would have had a new PR month.  Oh well.  On to December.

I feel the exact same.  I can't fix what I didn't do...moving on.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Walk-Jogger

Sitting here at home with 190.3 miles for the month, and haven't run yet today. I REALLY want to round that up to 200 miles for the month, a total I've only run one time before, I believe.  But I took the day off from work to resolve my car situation, since my car is not currently drive-able and I have to either get it fixed (not cost-effective) or get a new-to-me replacement... What to do... Since I can see touches of blue sky out there and the current temp is a torrid 51 degrees, I'll take that as a sign and go try to do a 10 mile run. Maybe the right solution to my car problem will come to me while I'm running... 

Retired &  Loving It

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

110, coming off of 205 in October.  BUT...that's mainly because I am recovering from marathon #1 (11/10!).  Took the week after totally off and am only now getting my groove back in.  Expect closer to 200 in December, but not in formal training for anything - yet.

Craig42

90.2 miles which is a PR for me.

104. Not bad considering I took a week off with a bum knee.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

StepbyStep-SH

Sitting here at home with 190.3 miles for the month, and haven't run yet today. I REALLY want to round that up to 200 miles for the month, a total I've only run one time before, I believe.  But I took the day off from work to resolve my car situation, since my car is not currently drive-able and I have to either get it fixed (not cost-effective) or get a new-to-me replacement... What to do... Since I can see touches of blue sky out there and the current temp is a torrid 51 degrees, I'll take that as a sign and go try to do a 10 mile run. Maybe the right solution to my car problem will come to me while I'm running... 

Run to a few car dealerships to check out the inventory!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

154.45, but I took an entire week off for mental health.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

121.3 for me. An okay month with a few unplanned days off.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Creawood

138.  Not a PR, but back over 100.  October was the PITS.

Walk-Jogger

Run to a few car dealerships to check out the inventory!

That's actually not a bad suggestion, as the local Toyota dealership is about 8 miles from home and just happens to be directly adjacent to the local bike/running path. Problem is, if I do that I probably drive home in a brand new Prius for about $26K, and then have to make car payments from now till I'm retired. I'm a cheap SOB and haven't made a car payment (other than cash, paid-in-full) since 1994...  My interest in the Prius is solely for the gas mileage, and I don't give  a rodent's posterior about my image based on what I drive. 

SO, I went for my run; the sun came out and dried up all the rain, and it warmed up to 53 degrees at run-time  which is a veritable heat-wave here for this time of year; and I felt good and wore SHORTS! NICE! And here I thought I was going to have to run indoors today, based on the ugly forecast for the day. I started out only planning to run 10, then decided I could add the 2-mile extension through the new Levittown-styled "development" for 12.1 miles total; and then I realized I was moving pretty good and could keep running past the house and back down the hill for a half mile and back up and round it all up to 13.12, same as what I ran last Sunday. Why not, since the snowy weather will be here soon enough and I will retreat to mainly indoor track running...  

What I decided about my car is to give it one last Hail-Mary attempt, and add some head-gasket sealant to the cooling system and while I was at it I noticed that the oil was low, and in fact I had let it get so low that I'm not going to tell you how low it was and embarrass myself. Odd that the Chrysler dealership mechanic last week ALSO didn't look at the oil level and tell me about it or top it off?  In fact, for his $44 "diagnosis" of a bad head gasket, there was no sign that he had removed the thermostat bolts to check the thermostat ( he assured me it was OK)  or any of the spark plugs to check the compression, even though he told me which cylinder supposedly had the leak in the head gasket. I'll take it for a test drive tomorrow and will wear my running cloths, and if it acts up on me still, I'll just abandon it and run home (just kidding!). 

My November's final running mileage tally:  203.4 miles, probably my 2nd best month ever for distance. 

Retired &  Loving It

kettledrum

68.1 miles for me.  Almost a PB, but not quite.  Will shoot for that for December. Smile

not lazy, just tired

88.99 for me. meh.

Not if it makes sense.