Beginners and Beyond

Ultra Unicorn Sundailies (Read 30 times)

Zelanie

All my running friends are training for ultras these days, but I barely have time to half train for a marathon and post in the dailies.  The local 50K is a really good (and challenging) one, and it's definitely on the bucket list.  I've been on most of the course at some point, just not all of it on the same day, you know?

I am looking forward to Cy the ultrarunner!

No frappes or unicorn slushies for me this week, TYVM.

Congrats, Phil!

I just turned in a huge project for class.  I have one more due next week, and then... my summer term class starts May 1. 

On the running front, I decided to woman the fuck up and I'm going to try for four back-to-back 50 mile weeks before I need to taper for Newport.  I'm on track for this week if I make my 16 tomorrow (um, today since this is the Sundailies), but I am sore already.   It's just 4 weeks though, right?  I've really enjoyed the stress relief that I've gotten this week from longer weeknight runs.  Even though I'm ridiculously busy, I forgot how great a longer weeknight run can be.  Even in the rain.

delicate flower

'Morning!  It is HM day.  There is a heat advisory.  Oh goody.

<3

Zelanie

'Morning!  It is HM day.  There is a heat advisory.  Oh goody.

Just getting a jump start on summer.  Have fun!

delicate flower

1:37:53 under a heat advisory.  I actually raced very well.  Data is in my log.  Good times.  I stopped for photos six times.

<3

No more marathons

1:37:53 under a heat advisory.  I actually raced very well.  Data is in my log.  Good times.  I stopped for photos six times.

Yeah, you did.  Nice splits.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

On the running front, I decided to woman the fuck up and I'm going to try for four back-to-back 50 mile weeks before I need to taper for Newport.  

Zel,

That's an aggressive goal.  I know we have some folks on here that do that and more on a regular basis, but that kinda miles is beyond what most of the world's hobby joggers do.  And my guess is that that will make a nice training bump for Newport.  

MTA:  checked my log, and the only time I had 4 weeks of 50 or more miles was back in 1982.  Just a few years ago.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.6 on another very rainy morning.  That's my longest run in a month, and I'm thankful I could do it today

It's still way to early to guess what kind of mileage I'll be able to sustain, but damn if I didn't wake up this morning thinking about some unfinished marathon business.  I was very confident I had a sub 4:00:00 in me, now I just hope I can maybe run another one at. I'm not getting greedy with the mileage, though.  This will be the most cautious and conservative base-building I have done.

Have a great day folks!

MTA: Only a  dumbass would run 3.6 while thinking about marathons.

Runner with a riding problem.

Only a  dumbass would run marathons.

FYP.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I have never seen Florida doing a heat advisory on anything less than 95F so my guess is that Disney got spooked by the 89F high and the smoke from the fires, good.  Awesome performance, Phil!

I finally feel good enough to run so I'll try 16.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

Baboon nice job!

I ran 6 before work. I am going to try to get 4 in after work so I hit 37 miles for the week. It's beautiful outside. I hate my weekends to work 

delicate flower

I have never seen Florida doing a heat advisory on anything less than 95F so my guess is that Disney got spooked by the 89F high and the smoke from the fires, good.  Awesome performance, Phil!

Yeah it's worth noting this was a Disney heat advisory, not an official weather one.  Honestly they wouldn't shut up about it.  But you don't have to tell me 72 degrees and humid is going to make for a slow HM, and I could feel the temperature rising during the race.  I think I had one run this year that was warmer so far.

<3

Docket_Rocket

That is what is weird. 72F is green for down here. I think disney just was careful but that is not a normal yellow or red advisory for FL.  I mean, my hottest Disney at 80F when i was done had a green flag until the end when they switched to yellow.

Of course it's raining down here and 75F right now. We call that winter and I am on the TM thanks tothe lungs. Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran 45min WU + 30min MP + 20min T + 30 min CD, for 17.25 miles.

Last evening went to a sports bar and had some beers, fish'n chips, nachos... Definitely felt that today. About a mile from home I got side stitches. I only get those in warm weather races usually. After a quarter mile of this I stopped for a couple of minutes for them to pass, then finished my run. Definitely my sports bar evening letting my body know something. Oh, and the Montreal Canadiens got eliminated by the New-York Rangers 

76 miles for the week.

Cyberic

All my running friends are training for ultras these days, but I barely have time to half train for a marathon and post in the dailies.  The local 50K is a really good (and challenging) one, and it's definitely on the bucket list.  I've been on most of the course at some point, just not all of it on the same day, you know?

I am looking forward to Cy the ultrarunner!

No frappes or unicorn slushies for me this week, TYVM.

Congrats, Phil!

I just turned in a huge project for class.  I have one more due next week, and then... my summer term class starts May 1. 

On the running front, I decided to woman the fuck up and I'm going to try for four back-to-back 50 mile weeks before I need to taper for Newport.  I'm on track for this week if I make my 16 tomorrow (um, today since this is the Sundailies), but I am sore already.   It's just 4 weeks though, right?  I've really enjoyed the stress relief that I've gotten this week from longer weeknight runs.  Even though I'm ridiculously busy, I forgot how great a longer weeknight run can be.  Even in the rain.

Zel, my 50K will definitely be easier than the one on that graph. What has me freaking out for now is not running the 50K, it's how I'm going to get to the starting line in the morning, and back home from the finish line, lol.

4 x 50 mile weeks. Go for it, but be careful. Numbers are just numbers.

Cyberic

What else can an Iron Man ask for?