Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILY Penguins...Play Ball !!!! (Read 28 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning.  Nice and warm RD for me.  Not much to do at work, so I'll be resting there as well.

That was a real fun run you had yesterday, Scott...I'm jealous.

on my way to badass

Thanks for starting us off Jerry. Enjoy the rest day! I'm going to get some miles in today after it warms up a little.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

Morning all. Didn't get a run in yesterday, maybe a couple tonight with the gym workout.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 recovery miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning.  Got in a quick 2.5 this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

Rest day for me too. I have a doctor's appointment with the surgeon, just a follow up and hope he tells me "call me if you need anything"!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!! I'm getting yanked around by my service engineer, so I am starting the day off irritable. I think that I will tell them not to bother scheduling a visit, which they've been putting off for over a week, that I will do the work myself. Which is not how it's supposed to work when you have a service contract, but I'm tired of sitting around having samples stack up. Other than that, it's supposed to be nice today, so hopefully I can get a walk in. Apparently my soul could use it!

Jerryb -- have a good RD!!

Stone -- enjoy your miles!!

PAD -- have a good gym workout and couple of miles!!

Docket -- enjoy your miles and weights!!

Robert -- nice quick 2.5!!

hog -- hope all goes well with the surgeon!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning!  5ish after work.

Philliefan33

Good morning.  Play ball, indeed...everyone is still in pennant contention today.

4-5 miles planned later this afternoon.  It's cool and blustery, but at the least the sun is shining.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning!  I threw my back out.  So, I'm just going for walk tonight.  I see the chiropractor tomorrow for thefirst time in YEARS.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Amazonian Princess

G'morning!

Six and a half yesterday and my allergies are kicking my butt this morning. Going to a "Paint Nite" event after work so I guess it's a rest day - unless drinking wine and painting with acrylics counts as cross training 

I can. I will. I am. 

From the Internet.

Morning pens! 5.1 with a bunch of little hills for me.

Singer who runs a smidge

G'morning!

Six and a half yesterday and my allergies are kicking my butt this morning. Going to a "Paint Nite" event after work so I guess it's a rest day - unless drinking wine and painting with acrylics counts as cross training 

I would TOTALLY count this as cross-training!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Good morning! Planning a short but hilly loop after I finish my coffee.

I may be slow but I never quit.