Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #144 (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I need to get out of the house before it gets too warm. I finally let curiousity get the better of me and got an antibody test. Negative. So now back to only knowing that back in February I had an "unspecified viral illness" and pnuemonia. Actually the other reason is DH was more convinced than I was that I had COVID and getting a little loose with the guidelines, so that's gonna have to change cause I assume with the rececnt pnuemonia, I am considered higher risk.

LRB

I need to get out of the house before it gets too warm. I finally let curiousity get the better of me and got an antibody test. Negative. So now back to only knowing that back in February I had an "unspecified viral illness" and pnuemonia.

One of the few times in the history of the world when a negative result is a letdown.

Cyberic

Ran a bit over 13 with my RP. We did a 2x200, 3x(2000/2min), 4x200 workout. Felt great! My legs were feeling it in the jog afterwards, though.

(35s, 38s) (7:53, 7:55, 7:47) (38s, 38s, 38s, 38s)

Cyberic

I need to get out of the house before it gets too warm. I finally let curiousity get the better of me and got an antibody test. Negative. So now back to only knowing that back in February I had an "unspecified viral illness" and pnuemonia. Actually the other reason is DH was more convinced than I was that I had COVID and getting a little loose with the guidelines, so that's gonna have to change cause I assume with the rececnt pnuemonia, I am considered higher risk.

Sorry about that. Weird to say it like that, but at least if it would have been Covid, you'd be "safer" now.

onemile

Ran a bit over 13 with my RP. We did a 2x200, 3x(2000/2min), 4x200 workout. Felt great! My legs were feeling it in the jog afterwards, though.

(35s, 38s) (7:53, 7:55, 7:47) (38s, 38s, 38s, 38s)

Great workout. Now I know what those 2k splits mean 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've been hearing from a lot of articles and stuff that one can't even trust the virus test or the antibody test, some have gotten false results or something... I don't know..

Anyways, I ran 6 miles around midnight. Started at 11:51 Friday night and finished close to 1 AM Saturday morning, do I call that Friday run or a Saturday run 

I actually felt no pain at all, I did have some barely noticeable tight spots on the outside of my knee though... but no pain. I'm hoping the lack of pain wasn't because I took some Exedrine 2-3 hours earlier for headache 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I have read the same as Andrea. Since there are a lot of antibodies test, some of them are not very accurate because apparently everybody and their mother have been making them without much regulation.

I have 7 and weights today. Day 1 of 3-4 of our "heat" wave. High today is 81F, tomorrow is like 88F. This means everybody will be out and about on this long weekend so I'll stay home as much as I can.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Anyways, I ran 6 miles around midnight. Started at 11:51 Friday night and finished close to 1 AM Saturday morning, do I call that Friday run or a Saturday run 

.75 miles on Friday, 5.25 for Saturday.

Cyberic

Great workout. Now I know what those 2k splits mean 

Thanks! I'm finally starting to feel like my old running self

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

.75 miles on Friday, 5.25 for Saturday.

Lol that'll work.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I've been farting around for 3 hours while the mercury has skyrocketed. I deserve every bit of suffering I'm about to experience...if I ever get off my tail and get out there that is.

Half Crazy K 2.0

My non-technical understanding is that the antibody tests are more prone to false positives (shows you have antibodies when you do not). The one I had done was the Abbott labs IgG one, which is supposed to be pretty accurate. The nasal swab tests I think tend more towards false negative, meaning you could have covid, but it doesn't show. The rapid test the White House is using is prone to false negatives. Hopefully one of the more medical savvy folks like sdWhiskers or Runshortii will chime in.

I just read an article on USA Today about how experts (care to elaborate) are looking closely at negative flu + pnuemonia cases to try to determine if covid was in areas earlier. My big question is if there are a large number of these, is there something else going on. Of course, from what I understand, the nasal flu tests are also prone to false negatives...

Running related, I ran 8. It was pretty warm and humid, they didn't suck too bad.

sdWhiskers

12 miles with 2 x 2 mi at HMP. Felt pretty good. I ran by the coast in Mission Beach area and all parking lots and run/bike paths still closed. Blah

Docket_Rocket

I didn't realize how pussy my abs have become since I moved here and without Pilates for almost 9 months. Ouch, I can barely move least of all laugh or cough. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

Docket, the calibration didn’t work. I tried 3 times. Each time, it would enter settings mode and display 82 and 145, but then hitting the speed+ button did nothing and the belt wouldn’t move. So I don’t know. I’ll have to do more research. 

HCK, I’m sorry. I’m not sure I’d accept just the one negative test, can you take a different one to be sure?  The CDC also says some people may not even develop antibodies.  I wonder if the lab that did your flu tests could retest now for Covid?

I ran 3.