Beginners and Beyond

Oops, I forgot it's Valentine's Wednesdailies (Read 49 times)

11 miles, 30s & drizzly.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 and weights tonight.

Hubby is super sick. I'm starting to feel sorry for him.  Especially if he gives it to me (my throat feels a bit sore), because then I'll have to kill him, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I was in court yesterday on a case that it needed to be continued.  The reason?  One of Wells Fargo attorneys had caught the flu, which turned to pneumonia, which turned to him dying.  He was younger than I am.  We were all wait, what?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Valentines smooches for everyone!

2400 yard swim done before work.  I wasn't feeling particularly zippy, but whatever.  Track workout tonight.

<3

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 2 miles at tempo, 5 min at 10k, then 3 min at 5k. Looked too hard on paper but ended up not that bad.

MrWhiskers and I have never acknowledged V-day at our house. Except one year where I sent him red roses at work (he works in a hospital with almost all women) and his coworkers were convinced he was a dead man since he didn't do anything for me, Lol.

sdWhiskers

I was in court yesterday on a case that it needed to be continued.  The reason?  One of Wells Fargo attorneys had caught the flu, which turned to pneumonia, which turned to him dying.  He was younger than I am.  We were all wait, what?

Yikes!! That is not how I want to go out.

Not too many people sick where I work. Also glad we have a generous sick time policy.

zzyzx

abs, shoulder, triceps and then a mediocre exercise bike routine.

Wow, that's awful. That is a sudden and scary way to go.

GC100k

7 miles on the indoor track this morning. Leg day yesterday and I was running in quicksand this morning.

I didn't realize it was Valentine's day until after I'd gotten to work. Oops.

KCRuns

Docket, I hope your hubby feels better soon and you don't get whatever he has!

And that's an awful way to go!

RD for me.  I had planned to run during lunch today, but I don't want to mess up my hair for date night.  There, I said it, I'm shallow.  DH is taking me to our current favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.  Other than a nice dinner out, we don't do anything special for the day.

I'm trying to be good and not waste my calories today, but somebody brought donuts into the office this morning and the building is giving out cupcakes this afternoon.  This is going to be difficult.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And I thought it was bad that my doctor's appointment today was postponed because my doctor is sick.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Run commute day.

Running faster on workout days works! I was very tired last evening, and I'm glad I have an easy day today.

Docket_Rocket

And I thought it was bad that my doctor's appointment today was postponed because my doctor is sick.

Well, as you can see, he could be dead, so there is that!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

Last night I dropped a meat tenderizer hammer on my toe.  So. Incredibly. Painful.  And it was throbbing for hours after. It was so bad I started to wonder if it was broken.  Nail is completely black and half the toe is a dark red color.  But it felt better today and I barely noticed it running so I guess not.

Cyberic

Last night I dropped a meat tenderizer hammer on my toe.  So. Incredibly. Painful.  And it was throbbing for hours after. It was so bad I started to wonder if it was broken.  Nail is completely black and half the toe is a dark red color.  But it felt better today and I barely noticed it running so I guess not.

Close call.

Quickadder

At a recent group run, discussion turned to various medical issues and one guy told the story of his cousin (mid 60s) going for his annual check-up. The doctor told him that everything looked fine and congratulated him that he was as fit as the doctor himself. That night the doctor died in his sleep.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47