Beginners and Beyond

Coast to Coast SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Well let's hear it; how is your weather? Here is a shot from NASA of the storm that dumped on the east coast.

It's 22 here and not a single flake fell, despite the tail of that thing whipping right over us!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am hoping (and praying) that I can get in 16-18 miles an some point today.....

Temps are supposed to rise near 50 tomorrow and stay in the high 30's throughout the week, hopefully I will be able to get my Tahoe 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's bright & sunny out. And the ground is covered by the most snow ever. Yay?! Maybe by next weekend I can run outside again.

delicate flower

Sometimes I sleep so much I feel like a BUM.  11 hours last night.  Some people don't get that in two nights.  Oy.

I've got about 2" of snow to go move from the driveway.  It's going to be a nice day today...32 and sunny.  I'll do my 10 mile run later today when it's near that high temp.  Then FOOTBALL!

DW ran 2:11 at the Miami HM this morning.  HOORAY!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

I forgot MBC was coming!

Ended up running the HM because the high winds killed my lungs. 5+ course PR. Yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sometimes I sleep so much I feel like a BUM.  11 hours last night.  Some people don't get that in two nights.  Oy.

I've got about 2" of snow to go move from the driveway.  It's going to be a nice day today...32 and sunny.  I'll do my 10 mile run later today when it's near that high temp.  Then FOOTBALL!

DW ran 2:11 at the Miami HM this morning.  HOORAY!!

I haven't gotten that much sleep over the last 3 nights..................

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

GinnyinPA

It's 17 feels like 10 at the moment, but bright and sunny.  We got about 28 inches of snow.  No running outside for a while.

onemile

I ran 5k #4 in my winter series. 25 degrees with 10 mph wind.  20:38 which is one second faster than the last one.   This was a harder course though. And a have a little cold (sore throat,  runny nose) but I don't think that affected it. 3rd AG again.

Half Crazy K 2.0

1 hour into cross training. Knock the snow down so DH can use the snowblower. A lot more to go.

LRB

I ran 5, afterwards I jogged backwards for 100 meters, then sideways for 50 meters each side. It felt really odd, I'll look to do those more often.

LRB

I ran 5k #4 in my winter series. 25 degrees with 10 mph wind.  20:38 which is one second faster than the last one.   This was a harder course though. And a have a little cold (sore throat,  runny nose) but I don't think that affected it. 3rd AG again.

Nice way to trim the fat from your last race off that second mile. Considering the course and conditions, I would say this was a great effort for you.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 11.3 tough miles on snow and ice.  It was slow, but I did try to push it where there was snow and not ice.  I feel like I did a MP session, so I guess it was a good workout.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Since the Fred Lebow Half was canceled, I ran my own Faux Lebow Half.

It was HARD.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

HM this AM.

Short RR - trained through - had 5 hill speed sessions this week. 12 total runs. So to say the least: I'm FIng tired!

37F clear sky's - 1mph wind - dry (6500 runners - deep fields)

Mile 4 - legs starting feeling like rubber - dropped off pace.

By Mile 8 - can't feel legs - hello! I'm pushing but zilch! Nada! Pace is way down

Finished:

1:27:14

Way NOT a PR but part of training - aiming to pay dividends in Boston.

onemile

Nice way to trim the fat from your last race off that second mile. Considering the course and conditions, I would say this was a great effort for you.

The second mile was the easiest (the first and last miles were hilliest).  I'm not really disappointed this time.