Beginners and Beyond

What's on your "I'm too old for this" list? (Read 159 times)

Hip Redux

There was a thread What's on your "I'm too old for this shit" list? on Reddit yesterday (soon to be recapped on BuzzFeed I'm sure).  There were some pretty funny (and accurate) answers.

I was watching Thursday night football last night and yawning at 9:30. I can never make it past half time for any of the late football games. Screw that, I don't even try to stay up anymore.

I also am way too old to deal with sleeping on someone's futon or floor.  I will gladly pay for a hotel to avoid the resulting stiff neck.

So what's on your list?  

happylily

I'm with you, Oski. I've slept in an old jeep all across Mexico and the US, in train stations in Europe, in non-waterproof tents in scary rain storms and in $20 a night questionable motels. Now, this old queen will only sleep in the best linen there is. I can hike all day, sweat, get dirty and bloody, go without food and water, get bitten by a million mosquitoes... But at night, I want a hot bath and a comfortable bed.

I'm also too old to get drunk, too old for late night parties, too old for spiky heels, too old for bold makeup, too old for using new expressions, too old for most new technology, too old for Twitter and Facebook. And most importantly, I'm too old to not say what's on my mind. I've earned the right to give my opinion, whether people like it or not.

But, I'm not too old for short skirts and bikinis, yet. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"I'm too old for this"

I'm too old for flexibility.... Bending...stretching...touching my toes....etc....my old body sounds a lot like a bowl of Rice Krispies these days when I move....snap, crackle, pop!    Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

catwhoorg

Labrat

The Hunger Games and Twlight franchises.

Unfortunately DW disagrees.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

GC100k

I'm in my 50s and I'll still sleep on the floor in an airport if I have an overnight layover.  I take college students on overseas trips and on the more official trips I have my own room that's nicer than what the students get, but on the lower budget trips I still sometimes stay with 5 guys in a $20 room with 3 beds and I camp with them in the jungle.

I'm too old for popular music.  I won't even say it sucks, I just have no interest.  Ditto for most pop culture and entertainment.

Birdwell

Movies with start times after 8 p.m.

Justin Bieber

sleeping in past 7 a.m.

on the other hand, I am not to old for

fruit snacks (my kids blame each other when they're all gone but they never look at me when they find the empty boxEvil

Sledding

snowball fights

Hip Redux

Also - I'm too old to bother with any of the "new" social media.  Vine, Instagram, WeChat, etc etc.... I give zero care to what the kids are doing these days and I'm not going to figure it out either.

catwhoorg

Labrat

on the other hand, I am not to old for

fruit snacks (my kids blame each other when they're all gone but they never look at me when they find the empty boxEvil

Those things are deadly to a diet.

Love me some fruit snacks, I am convinced they have crack in them or something, they are just that moreish.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

MMA

wrestling

football

I still watch them, but would fall apart if I tried to participate.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Walk-Jogger

The very thought of leaving the house in the evening to attend a social event such as a concert that starts at 8:00 pm makes me break out into a cold sweat. That's my "TV" nap-time before bed-time. I'm too old to enjoy late nights out.

Retired &  Loving It

bluerun

Super B****

Most of the time I feel like I'm too old to even bother getting out of bed in the morning.

(This is especially sad considering I'm still in my 20s.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

Those things are deadly to a diet.

Love me some fruit snacks, I am convinced they have crack in them or something, they are just that moreish.

I had some yesterday.   Apparently, I am too old for them - they wrecked my stomach.  Gone are the days of junk food without consequences.

delicate flower

• Remembering stuff
                            • Wearing uncomfortable clothes and shoes just because they are stylish
                            • I echo the "going out late" sentiments, and 10:00 PM TV shows
                            • LOUD NOISES!
                            • Ignoring my financial future

I am NOT too old for:

• cartoons
                            • cupcakes and candy
                            • being called "sweetie", "darling", "honey", etc by a waitress

<3

Hip Redux

Oh!  I got another.   A few months ago, I went to a bachelorette party for somone who is younger by like 10 years.  It was mostly her friends and me... it was at some bar, loud music, dark and they arrived having already BEEN to a bar so they were blitzed.   I spent the dinner having a "yelling" conversation, with my ears pounding from the music and yelling, and the food was meh and the drunk girl next to me kept talking with her hands and accidently throwing french fries at me.   I left as soon as the dinner part was over and they continued on bar hopping.

There was a time where I did that almost every weekend.   I am way too old for that shit now!

Apparently my signature should read "get off my lawn"...

happylily

Oh!  I got another.   A few months ago, I went to a bachelorette party for somone who is younger by like 10 years.  It was mostly her friends and me... it was at some bar, loud music, dark and they arrived having already BEEN to a bar so they were blitzed.   I spent the dinner having a "yelling" conversation, with my ears pounding from the music and yelling, and the food was meh and the drunk girl next to me kept talking with her hands and accidently throwing french fries at me.   I left as soon as the dinner part was over and they continued on bar hopping.

There was a time where I did that almost every weekend.   I am way too old for that shit now!

Apparently my signature should read "get off my lawn"...

Urgh... I would have hated that... I must have been born old. I never did things like that. Never was a party girl.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010