Beginners and Beyond

What's on your "I'm too old for this" list? (Read 159 times)

GC100k

I've never watched wrestling and know nothing about it, but in a different field, here's Tom Platz then:

and now:

TxDiverMom

I love being in my 50's.

I can say I am too old for whatever bothers me and I don't really want to to.

Conversely, I am old enough to not give a shit when people think I am too old to

do some of the things I like to do. Big grin

Because believe me other 50's something women who do not run look at me like I

am insane if they find out I run marathons.

I also love being in my 50's!!!  I feel better than ever, don't look too darn bad, and don't give a damn about who people think of me!!!

I feel just like Beth!!!  I am going to do whatever the hell I want to and many of those things others think I'm too old for!!!

Y'all young pups here are sounding like a bunch of old geezers!!!  I'm also wonder what crack of dawn hour to y'all all get up in order to be falling asleep at 9 PM!?!?!?  I will never be to old to go out for a drink with friends and stay out till midnight!!!  I run at night, I stay up late and I will always love sleeping in till 10!!!  I do manage to get my old ass out of bed on Sat. to do my long run at 5:30 AM, but I hate it with a passion!!!

I truly can't think of anything I think I'm too old to do!  The only thing I can think of is that I'm too old to wear some of the adorable little dresses that my 22 year old daughter wears and I wish I wouldn't look a fool in them!!!  If I get this body in good enough shape I might even wear some of them!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I've never watched wrestling and know nothing about it, but in a different field, here's Tom Platz then:

and now:

Indeed I remember the bodybuilders of almost every era.  Platz was the gold standard for legs. (Mike Matarazzo followed Platz w/ some good legs, too).  Nowadays his legs are the average standard.  Hard to believe how much mass he's lost but a decade or two of testosterone/steroid replacement therapy will probably do that to ya.  Some, I'm sure, think they've got it figured out.  It was shortly after that era of Platz that those BBers started with the "year round shape".  Of course that means, you're never off the juice.  Problem is that cannot be good for the body.

I, admittedly, still tune in to watch whoever the latest & greatest is.  (Phil Heath is a freak of nature not unlike Ronnie Coleman) but these guys stay huge year round & only get bigger in the offseason.

I remember lifting for size........I KNOW I'm too old for that now.  The testosterone only goes down from here on out!!!

Of course the most ridiculous leg shot of all time will (at least for a while) be Jay Cutler's Quad Stomp:

Randy