Beginners and Beyond

Wax on, Wax off WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

'Sup!

The profound meaning of today's title is that even when you are not training, you are.

As such I am headed to the gym for an undetermined distance on the belt.  The schedule says 7 miles, but if my body is not up to it after yesterdays run, I will adjust accordingly.

What about you?  Running, no running, rest, errands, meetings or something else?

delicate flower

Hey hey what do you say!  And for today's weather update, maybe, just maybe, the frigid cold is behind us??  High 20's today and trending upwards for the next week.  Saturday's LR looks to be about 40 degrees.  Sweet Jesus, thank you!

8 miles last night on a hilly route.  8:44 avg pace.  I went real easy for most of the run, but pushed a little on the uphills.  Still working on getting my hill speed back.  It's coming along.  That was my third outdoor run in a row, but that streak ends today with a TM speed workout on tap.  Ok then.

Have a great Humpday!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD.  Dinner with Marjorie tonight.

LRB, go get the 7.

Phil, nice hilly workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Belt for me, too. I haven't looked outside to see how much snow we had overnight, but I heard a neighbor's snowblower a little bit ago.

Shooting for 12, maybe some hill repeats, but I'll see how my knee feels as I get going.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FE alert! Dinner with Jay last night at the Pearl Street Grill and Brewery in Buffalo. Good time. Now I just need to learn how to use the flash on my phone.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning everyone!

Alarm went off at 4:20 this morning, I debated as I really hadn't planned on running today.... looking at the forecast and seeing 20 degrees, I said screw it and got ready.

Garmin was screwed up from the go, the map shows that the starting point started off like 3 miles from my house and ran me through fields to what is normally the 1.5 mile mark from my house on usual course. Oh well........ 6 miles in 1:01:26 for this morning for me and Rocky.

Towards the end of my run, and right now.. outside looks like "The Mist", if I see any giant bugs I am going to scream.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

FE alert! Dinner with Jay last night at the Pearl Street Grill and Brewery in Buffalo. Good time.

YES!  Did you challenge him to a race?

<3

Hip Redux

FE alert! Dinner with Jay last night at the Pearl Street Grill and Brewery in Buffalo. Good time. Now I just need to learn how to use the flash on my phone.

SWEET!

happylily

Great picture. I would have of course recognized Jay, but not you, Dave. I think I've only seen pictures of you on a course.

It's spring break here and I have no clients today. Paid days off are the best. I have 15 miles on schedule and I will try to throw some hills in there. It will be my first time doing hills since my injury last June and I'm a bit scared. I'm pretty certain that hills, combined with high mileage and poor right foot mechanic, is what caused the injury. We'll see how it goes. I now wear insoles, maybe it will give me the protection that I need. As for my toe, it still bleeds, but it rarely hurts when I'm running. Only at rest. Argh... Before I became a runner, I wasn't aware that I was so defective.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Nice pic!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, my adductors are sore!  I used to be a runner once, now I wonder if I'll ever be as fast as then.  haha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hi dailies:

Rick - Interesting topic, sensei.  Enjoy the TBD distance.

Baboon - good hills

D - cool, have fun

Step - that's a dismal sound, just as bad as the roar of a plow.

DaveP - nice hanging out with you, have a safe trip back

Free - your alarm is a stoner?  Way to get out there.

Oski - hi

Yesterday, 8.62 with 2 sets of 5x(2:00 at 5K pace, 1:00 recovery).  Today will be full of errands, housework, a LR, bill paying, and stuff.

StepbyStep-SH

Awesome!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LOL, not that I know of.... normally my Wednesday morning runs are my 8 milers so I like to set my alarm to 4:20 AM, I can finish my run by 6:10-6:20 AM depending on when I get out the door, and be back in bed for an hour or so. Smile

8.62? My OCPD would just have to make that 8.7 or even 9 miles damn it.

Hi dailies:

Rick - Interesting topic, sensei.  Enjoy the TBD distance.

Baboon - good hills

D - cool, have fun

Step - that's a dismal sound, just as bad as the roar of a plow.

DaveP - nice hanging out with you, have a safe trip back

Free - your alarm is a stoner?  Way to get out there.

Oski - hi

Yesterday, 8.62 with 2 sets of 5x(2:00 at 5K pace, 1:00 recovery).  Today will be full of errands, housework, a LR, bill paying, and stuff.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning!

I have a busy day ahead, but am planning on around 6 this afternoon. I ended up with 5 yesterday. My schedule has been wonky this week, so "adaptive" training has been this week's theme.

DaveP and Jay - Nice pic!