Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Reality TV for joggers (Read 38 times)

LRB

'Sup!

I am headed out for a spin, anyone else?  If not what are your plans for Wednesday's little brother?

Cyberic

I'll be going with Repeats today. Somewhere in the range of 45 seconds or 200 meters. I'll find a stretch in the park which will take me about that time to cover, and run it fast a few times. I'm thinking 10 times, but that is still subject to change. 2.5-3 minutes easy between reps.

I'm excited about this.

delicate flower

What it do!  For me, it is Slacker Tuesday.  I was going to do a double today, but I got up to use the bathroom at 3:00 this morning and it was an achy shuffle, so I reset the alarm clock and slept in instead.  I regret nothing.  I'll do an easy 8 after work.  70 degrees today and tomorrow.  The hell??

<3

happylily

I didn't run last night, instead I had wine. Yes, it's part of my training as well. Special go fast vitamin. But I WILL run tonight (I think), 10 miles incl. some 400m 10k intervals, and two miles at MP. It's a special workout which is a mix of Hansons and Pfitz. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds. 

BTW, they should really make a reality show about all of us, here. It would be hilarious. Because we're all nutcases.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

A wee bit tight this morning, calves mostly so far.

Planning the AM recovery run, it will all be dependant on the first half mile.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.

My allergy shot had a reaction so I took a rest day. I have Pilates, a run with hubby and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, didn't think it would happen but the Skins managed to hang on and win over the Cowboys.

Redskins 20, Cowboys 17

Hang this on your Christmas tree, Dallas Cowboys!

Doing the Happy Dance...

Plan on 3 - 4 miles after work.  Beautiful weather here in San Antonio, about 62 right now, only 82 after work, sunshine, low humidity and dew-point.   Probably go to one of the many local parks available in our city and do a mix of trails and roads.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I went out for a 3 miler (turned into 3.2), 70 freaking degrees....... ugh.. I think Mother Nature is on her period because yesterday was a high of 83, this morning was 70 degrees and the temps are slowly going to drop throughout the week and then !BAM! Saturday up in Indy will be a high of 48  Mother Nature..... you need some whiskey 

The hammy was relatively quiet, a teeny weeny little tight between mile 2 and 3 but it disappeared. Thank God I was only running 3 miles, having to wear shorts and for some reason I could feel my thighs beginning to rub raw towards the end.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't run last night, instead I had wine. Yes, it's part of my training as well. Special go fast vitamin. But I WILL run tonight (I think), 10 miles incl. some 400m 10k intervals, and two miles at MP. It's a special workout which is a mix of Hansons and Pfitz. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds. 

BTW, they should really make a reality show about all of us, here. It would be hilarious. Because we're all nutcases.

Have a great day!

They'd only see the text right??? That would be a weird reality show...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

It was 65 degrees for my run but I suspect that's the last of that nonsense.

It was dark as hell for almost all of the run of the run and I realized that I have been injured on this date the past two years so this is new territory for me. Spooky.

Afterwards, I tried a pop tart and was going to save the other one for another day, emphasis on was.  Damn those things were yummo!

So those, a banana and a yogurt will end up being my breakfast, right around 600 calories and 120 grams of carbs or so.  I'll just take it easy on the goodies for the rest of the day and call those my treat for the day. If there is a time to eat them, It is right before or after a run so I am good.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

LRB -  ( not bashing myself Wink

5.75 easy miles (3 til end was 7:05-6:55 and felt like cake)

hmmm...  Other than some tightness in both soleus I have no residual issues.   Will continue active recovery for the week.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I've got a little Daniels workout today: 15E + 2T + 2 min jg + 1T + 15E. I will probably do most of it on the track while DD is swimming. I hope to get about 6.5 miles out of it.

Have a good day.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Decided to take yesterday off, I'll do some easy running today after work. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

Srd

Cyberic

I've got a little Daniels workout today: 15E + 2T + 2 min jg + 1T + 15E. I will probably do most of it on the track while DD is swimming. I hope to get about 6.5 miles out of it.

Have a good day.

I'm still not sure I understand perfectly that syntax. This is what I understand:

15 minutes easy + 2 miles T + 2 minutes easy + 1 mile T + 15 minutes easy.