Beginners and Beyond

Relentless FriDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

This has been the week from hell in terms of work and shit to do afterwards. There is no let up in sight as I have a full slate on my schedule today, and a two day seminar tomorrow and Sunday. That's 8 hours both days geezus!

It is nice then to get out and run as that is seemingly the only time that is mine, and that is exactly what I shall do.

Peace!

Cyberic

This has been the week from hell in terms of work and shit to do afterwards. There is no let up in sight as I have a full slate on my schedule today, and a two day seminar tomorrow and Sunday. That's 8 hours both days geezus!

It is nice then to get out and run as that is seemingly the only time that is mine, and that is exactly what I shall do.

Peace!

My week from hell is pretty much over and this should be a normal work day. While I was away in Seattle, the employer and the union agreed on new rules and I'm not sure I'll be able to train as I used to during lunch anymore . I used to take long lunch breaks, and start a little early or finish a little late each day, or do a little extra on one evening to compensate. Used to be all good, but it seems that is not legal anymore. Gotta meet my boss about this today. A few weeks before Boston, I am not pleased.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have a bankruptcy bar training all day and then 10 with 6 at MP.  I like that I'm not going to the office, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning guys.

Sounds like work is crappy all the way around!  At least we have running to keep us sane.  What the heck does the rest of the world do? lol  I suppose they could have other hobbies or activities, but I'm guessing they're just miserable Smile

My calf still feels like it's getting better, but it's going to be a race morning decision tomorrow.  I haven't even tried to trot on it because I just want to let it heal.  I'll jog the hotel hallway before the race and decide then.

Enjoy your Friday!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Morning! I have a bankruptcy bar training all day and then 10 with 6 at MP.  I like that I'm not going to the office, though.

At least it's at the bar. Big grin

delicate flower

'Morning!  I agree....work, work, work.  I've got people hounding me for things, but I think I need to check into this thread first.

I've had an up and down training week.  Monday and Tuesday were great...my fastest ever swim and bike ride, and a good hill run.  I think those two days took more out of me than I expected, as I've felt it the last two days.  So this morning was an easy swim, tonight will be an easy run, and tomorrow will be an easy bike ride.

<3

LRB

My week from hell is pretty much over and this should be a normal work day. While I was away in Seattle, the employer and the union agreed on new rules and I'm not sure I'll be able to train as I used to during lunch anymore . I used to take long lunch breaks, and start a little early or finish a little late each day, or do a little extra on one evening to compensate. Used to be all good, but it seems that is not legal anymore. Gotta meet my boss about this today. A few weeks before Boston, I am not pleased.

There is a rumor that a new dress code is being written at my job, and I am none too pleased. I'm a grown ass man not a kid. I don't need to be told how to fucking dress! Clearly, someone has too much time on their hands.

LRB

At least we have running to keep us sane.  

I know, today's run was great for my mind!

I actually would just go through my normal pre-race warm-up and routine and decide from there, foregoing the hallway trot. But obviously, do what you think is best for you.

LRB

Speaking of runs, I ran 7. And it was like night and day compared to yesterday's slog!

bluerun

Super B****

I thought "work" was synonymous with "crappy."  No?  Just me? 

4 miles (in the rain and humidity, the better to mess with my head).  My "bad" knee is being more obnoxious than it has been in a while, and Jerusalem is exactly one week from today, so this is not acceptable!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, we almost had a mutiny at my work a few years ago when they said no more capris. Unfortunately, there a people who push the limits of business casual. Technically, I don't think I am supposed to wear t-shirts on casual Fridays, but I only wear ones with work logos (or Ravens in the fall for purple Fridays).

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I know, today's run was great for my mind!

I actually would just go through my normal pre-race warm-up and routine and decide from there, foregoing the hallway trot. But obviously, do what you think is best for you.

Trotting is just the test to see if I can even attempt a warm up at all.  You're right though, if I get that far, I'll use a thorough -to make the call.

Good work on the 7.  It seems pretty standard that a good run usually follows a craptastic one.

Cyber...I wish my work could be more flexible too.   With all the studies that show workers with autonomy are actually more productive and more happy, I don't know why companies don't move in that direction.

Docket...Hope the MP miles go well for you and that you enjoy the day out of the office.

Blue...Yes, work does generally equal crappy, unless you're one of those lucky few.  My buddy that used to work as an engineer now is the RD for Akron Marathon and owns a running store.  I don't think much of that really feels like work for him.  I've picked up a good amount of running work to make me happy - Elite Athlete Coordinator for Akron, coaching a couple people, and working part time for a race timing company - but I still have to do the real job thing.

Sorry about the knee.  Hopefully it's just pre-race madness.  That stretch where you cross one leg over the other (cross the good leg) and then bend down to touch your toes always works to take me knee pain away, especially if it's runner's knee pain.

Half...We already established that LRB and I dig the manpris, so I can feel your pain ha.  I actually have no dress code, although sometimes I wonder if a little direction would help a few people.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Half Crazy K 2.0

SIAR (and LRB), do you have work appropriate manpris? I've actually seen more than one guy here wear them.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

got a bit of a late start on my run/walk yesterday after work, stupid traffic delayed me. So went out around 5:30 pm for a run around my neighborhood area. Got rained on, the wind was blowing like crazy, splashed into some puddles, some driver passing me by splashed me with water, did a bit of a slip-n-slide on a mud patch, and all this in only 3.2 miles, soaking wet and muddy by the time I finished..and I loved every minute of it, what a great, fun outing!

Oh, and today is World Plumbing Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

3.2 blah miles for me.  I'm blaming marathons and a tough work week.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.