Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES can spot runners easily (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

I'll be heading out in a short while for a LR in the cold. Temps in the single digits, sub-0 windchill factor. BRRRR Time to get out the warm clothes and be thankful for the beard!

We'll be a group of 3 or 4, so that will help.

LRB

https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scene/how-to-spot-a-runner-when-theyre-not-running/

What in the hell was the chick in heels doing. lol  😂

I always look for that big ass vein on the side of the temple. It's a dead give away.

LRB

Temps in the single digits, sub-0 windchill factor. 

Otherwise known as running in Stupid.  At 22 and 12, our level of stupid isn't that high (low?) but I will be dressing appropriately nonetheless.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My out the door temp was 20, but mercifully no wind.  The problem with living at the bottom of the hill is you run up the hill first, get all warm and sweaty, and then risk being chilled on the way back down.  Not that it would stop any of us....  5 miles easy pace.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

delicate flower

It's bad enough that I have to work today, but there is also something that smells in this office and I can't find it.  DW is going to Vermont to ski the next two days while I stay home because of said work.  I'll probably do my LR this afternoon.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 7 TM miles later.

Baboon, maybe you left a banana or something inside a bag or somewhere.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scene/how-to-spot-a-runner-when-theyre-not-running/

Most of those are not really exclusive to runners but the last two are spot on. They forgot “wearing their Boston jacket.”

BTW - onemile, where did you find out about that? It was weird because you could follow the link, but if you went to the site & searched, it wouldn’t show up (it does now). And still no women’s version.

Dave

It's bad enough that I have to work today, but there is also something that smells in this office and I can't find it.  

Whoever smelt it dealt it.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Nasty smelling stuff makes me want to hurl. Speaking of, I usually eat greek yogurt w/blueberries, granola, chia seeds and hemp hearts for breakfast. Like every morning. But I think my greek yogurt went bad the other morning, b/c when I took a bite it was all I could manage with getting to the sink in time to spit it all out (and gag) . Now I cannot fathom eating the stuff ever again.

sigh. It ruined a perfectly good breakfast.

I've got some speed work on tap for today, but I have less than zero motivation. Even a cup and a half of coffee has not helped me get motivated yet. I'll do it on the treadmill, and am thinking I'll run around the lunch time hour. so of course I'm procrastinating by looking at bedding online. It turns out that I'm really picky about bedding, but still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Cyberic

Otherwise known as running in Stupid.  At 22 and 12, our level of stupid isn't that high (low?) but I will be dressing appropriately nonetheless.

I was the only one dressed appropriately . It's their stupid clothes that keep the humidity inside that is the problem. It was also poor gloves choice.

I'll share a secret with you: take a look in the cross-country skiinng department also when you're shopping for winter running clothes. Their clothes often have wind stopping properties in the front, and spandex in the back. I find that is not often the case with running clothes.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's bad enough that I have to work today, but there is also something that smells in this office and I can't find it.  DW is going to Vermont to ski the next two days while I stay home because of said work.  I'll probably do my LR this afternoon.

Salmon guy got pieces all over the office?/

Cyberic

Salmon guy got pieces all over the office?/

LOL

I've got some speed work on tap for today, but I have less than zero motivation. Even a cup and a half of coffee has not helped me get motivated yet. I'll do it on the treadmill, and am thinking I'll run around the lunch time hour. so of course I'm procrastinating by looking at bedding online. It turns out that I'm really picky about bedding, but still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Mostly this but two full cups, running outside, and I’m pretty sure I’ve never once in my life looked at bedding online.

Dave

Nasty smelling stuff makes me want to hurl. Speaking of, I usually eat greek yogurt w/blueberries, granola, chia seeds and hemp hearts for breakfast. Like every morning. But I think my greek yogurt went bad the other morning, b/c when I took a bite it was all I could manage with getting to the sink in time to spit it all out (and gag) . Now I cannot fathom eating the stuff ever again.

sigh. It ruined a perfectly good breakfast.

WTF is a hemp heart??

My daily thing at work is greek yogurt with blueberries & almonds, as lunch second course.

Dave