Beginners and Beyond

Pacers v. Heat. Who ya got? (Read 47 times)

Or does anybody care? This Conference Finals has been really, really good.Even if Lebron goes off for 40, I honestly think the Pacers can pull off the upset.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Docket_Rocket

Doh.  The Heat.  And I think it's up to the Heat to lose.  I think the Pacers are giving everything they got but if the Heat come playing (not like last time), they will win.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I think the Heat win if Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade decide to show up, and I don't see both of those guys having yet another bad game.

Edit:  Officially I am picking the Heat, though it won't surprise me at all to see Indiana win.  I'm not rooting for either team.  I have no favorite NBA team.

<3

That's the big fear here in Indy. If they manage to show even a glimpse of their ability, the Pacers won't have a chance. I will say, though, that Bosch has wanted NOTHING to do with Roy Hibbert all series.

Damaris - what's the vibe in South Beach? Nervous? Confident? Ambivalent?

I think the Heat win if Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade decide to show up, and I don't see both of those guys having yet another bad game.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Docket_Rocket

Yeap.  They sure have not really played well.  IF the team get their shit together, they win.  If not, they will lose.  Simple.  Up to them.

Edit:  Officially I am picking the Heat, though it won't surprise me at all to see Indiana win.  I'm not rooting for either team.  I have no favorite NBA team.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I don't watch much local news but I don't feel they are worried.  I know some people at the office are going to the game but so far, I have not heard a peep yet.  So, I think ambivalent????  LOL.

That's the big fear here in Indy. If they manage to show even a glimpse of their ability, the Pacers won't have a chance. I will say, though, that Bosch has wanted NOTHING to do with Roy Hibbert all series.

Damaris - what's the vibe in South Beach? Nervous? Confident? Ambivalent?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Bosh seems to struggle against any player with size, weight, and ability.  He gets pushed around a lot by those guys.  For a big man, he's way too finesse.  Fortunately for him, there are not a lot of good big men in the NBA.

<3

Love the Half

Bosh seems to struggle against any player with size, weight, and ability.  He gets pushed around a lot by those guys.  For a big man, he's way too finesse.  Fortunately for him, there are not a lot of good big men in the NBA.

Unfortunately for him, one of those is Hibbert.  I think LeBron and D Wade rise to the occasion but I'd love to be wrong.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

If I had to pick, I'd go Heat, but it's really anyone's ballgame. Wade's problems have been more physical & Bosh's I think more mental, but good reason to believe they would not be able to contribute much more in Game 7 than they did in Game 6. However just a little help from either/both  plus a huge game from LeBron could be enough to put them over the top. It seems in the NBA more so than other sports, talent wins out in the end.

Boy, how much would ABC love to have a San Antonio-Indiana finals? Smile

Dave

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Am I the only one who opened this thread thinking it was a discussion about PACES and heat?

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Docket_Rocket

Maybe only the Canadians?Joking

Am I the only one who opened this thread thinking it was a discussion about PACES and heat?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

flarunner

Go Pacers!

C'mon now, they don't call it Hoosier Hysteria for nothing!

It was a fair assumption, with this being a running forum and all. Smile

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Hey now!

Maybe only the Canadians?Joking

On second thought... you're probably right.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

LRB

Yes.  ; )

I like to route for the under dog so I'll vote Pacers.  Either way with San Antonio as the opponent, the finals are going to blow.  Every time they are in the finals the ratings plummet.