Beginners and Beyond

Winter Storm Warning TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Wasn't it 62 degrees like, two days ago?

I'm heading out.

'Sup?

Cyberic

I have the week off work. I usually don't really have a choice to run on the indoor track, but today I have plenty of time. Except it's effin' cold outside. I'm considering hitting the indoor track anyways. Although it is sunny out, the sidewalks have been heavily salted yesterday and look dry today, and we're gonna get another pile of snow tonight (grrrr).

Update later on what I'll decide Smile

delicate flower

Happy March!!  Keep that winter storm warning crap out of New England.    It's actually going to hit us tonight into tomorrow, but it'll be rain.

Masters swim this morning.  2150 yards.  Normally I'd stay a little longer to get some extra yardage in, but I was tired and had enough.  Shoulders and arms were tired, legs were tired, tired was tired.  I had the energy but just couldn't move any faster.  My third swim day in a row, so I kind of expected that.  cool story.  4 mile run to do later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a URD as my coworker is in the hospital fixing something from her prior surgery and I have to give her bankruptcy class at UM tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No winter here....going up to 80 degrees today in San Antonio.  Supposed to be VERY windy, though, so I got up this morning and did a 40 minute run/walk around the campus of the university I work for.  Sweet weather too, low humidity and dew-point and a very pleasant 61 degrees.  I also nearly got run over by some idiot on the campus doing about 30 mph (the campus speed limit is 20) and I was right in the middle of the cross-walk, but he didn't even stop.  Thankfully I saw him!  I jumped aside and banged the side of his vehicle as he passed me, the dumb ass.  This made him stop a little past me and he got out of the car, some student kid, about 23 or 24; I guess he was upset I banged the side of his car.  Unfortunately for him, a police vehicle had been right behind him, lol, and the officer had seen the whole thing. The kid got a ticket for speeding and failing to stop for a pedestrian in the cross-walk (which is required by state law).  He told the cop "But he banged my car!"  I thought the cop was funny, and very "appropriate" and polite.  He said "In self defense.  And all I saw was that he was pushing himself away from the vehicle. What would you have done if it was you in the crosswalk and some negligent driver came right at you?  Whatever you can to save yourself.  Here's your ticket.  Have a nice day."   lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 miles and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Not worrying about pace or a future marathon kicks ass.  But, I have thought a little about finding a fall marathon.  I may not do any more than think about it, but.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

WTF.

8.25 on the AlterG.  IN NEW SHORTS.  Such a relief.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Yay, bluerun's crotch!

6 in the rain. Supposed to have 4 more later.

Dave

Zelanie

It's happy crotch day.

Cyberic

11.5 miles outside with 4 x (1 mile w/1 min jg). 5*F.  It was so darn hard: I'm used to doing this workout inside (even surface, no wind), with lightweight shoes and in light weight clothes.  But I got it done 

Cyberic

bluerun

Super B****

It's happy crotch day.

Three years ago today, I did this.

I will be doing it again in sixteen days.  HELP.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

It's happy crotch day.

My poor keyboard will never be the same.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Oh no, I just looked at my miles for February and they are 20% higher than January.

I guess that means I'm going to devolve into a gelatinous mass any minute now.

Heading out in about an hour for my normal noon time 5 miles (or so).  Temps approaching 60 and the sun is shining.

Today will be easy - recovery from yesterday's 12 X 200.  Pace was between mile and 5K pace.  Think I dogged it a bit - don't have any soreness today.  First interval work in some time so just didn't know how hard to run.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Three years ago today, I did this.

I will be doing it again in sixteen days.  HELP.

I'd call an Uber at mile 10!