Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The truth about Pork and Beans (Read 40 times)

LRB

The "pork" was a piece of fat about the size of a grape, if you were even lucky enough to get it. WTF?

LRB

'Sup yo!

I am headed out for 6 and was going to wear a new pair of kicks but since it rained all day yesterday I will wait until tomorrow as there is no sense in getting a single speck of dirt or mud on them on the first run. 

URD...tomorrow I will give it a try.

Dave

Cyberic

Darn Dave, hope the knee feels better after these days off.

Don't get the shoes dirty LRB lol

happylily

I don't particularly like pork. Not sure why.

Only 7 easy miles after work later. I started a marathon of The Sopranos, last night (yeah, I know I'm a little late...). I'll be watching another 2 or 3 episodes tonight again. My evenings are so exciting!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

What it do then now!  Happy Wednesday, and hey, WAKE UP.  I had planned on running early this morning, but due to an alarm clock accident, that accident being me shutting it off, the run will now take place in the afternoon after my haircut.

DW is going away for four days this weekend (yes, I understand weekends are only two days long ffs).  Oh, the shenanigans I will be getting myself into!

<3

Docket_Rocket

American pork and beans are, well, beans in the Hispanic world.  We put pork into everything.

Morning!  I have a short run tonight.  4 is the plan but we'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I had planned for a pre-dawn 4, but I also had an alarm clock mishap so it will have to be later after I stop by the mall after work.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another day of no running for me, going to be lots of foam rolling though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.2 miles of trails done in the park yesterday after work.  Nice and cool 82 degrees, very low dewpoint and humidity, felt great.   Today, 3 - 4 miles after work, probably around the university campus. Will be just a tad warmer today at 85 degrees, but still very low humidity and dewpoint.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Good morning, Pork n' Bean dailies (now this song is in my head):

Rick - They'lll get dirty soon enough

DaveP - hope you heal up fully

Lily - careful, or y'ill start typin' yer english like summun in the bidness, ya know?

Baboon - Super exciting.  You'll be able to do stuff like not make your bed, and/or leave the seat up!

D - and the Hispanic culinary world is better for it

B+ - careful at the maul

Free - good luck

Scotty - "trails done in the park".  Much nicer than "done in the trailer park" as someone read it first

MLR after coffee and drying off a rain-soaked cat.

Zelanie

SRD #10.  I have a cold and an early meeting.  It's like I'm doing taper madness after the marathon.

delicate flower

Baboon - Super exciting.  You'll be able to do stuff like not make your bed, and/or leave the seat up!

Wife doesn't make the bed and it drives me nuts.  She usually goes to bed before me, and when I get there the sheets are all over the damn place.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

DaveP: Good luck tomorrow.

Baboon: When the cat's away...

LRB: I am same way when I get new scoots. If they get the least bit dirty I have to clean them. After a few runs in them, it's over.

Lily: Binge watching can be dangerous!

As for me, I am going out for a Daniels workout: 10 min easy, 3x1 T pace with 1 minute jogs, 10-15 easy. I might do the mile T pace on the track to stay off the hills.

Have a good day.

LRB

I don't particularly like pork. Not sure why.

Only 7 easy miles after work later. I started a marathon of The Sopranos, last night (yeah, I know I'm a little late...). I'll be watching another 2 or 3 episodes tonight again. My evenings are so exciting!

I did not watch the Sopranos either, mostly because I refused to pay Comcast a billion dollars simply to add HBO.

Anyway, I was shamed talked into watching it one year at a time when I had a free HBO weekend.   And wouldn't you know it, I turned it on during a scene where two guys were in the bed together whispering sweet nothings into each others ear.  WTF?!  lmafao

Of course it was pure coincidence but oh so ironic that that is what I saw after finally watching it!