Beginners and Beyond

WedDailiesLoveHockey (Read 22 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

NHL opened last night. Seattle lost their debut in a close game to Las Vegas. Who would have guessed Seattle-Las Vegas NHL 20 years ago...Red Wings open tomorrow...could be another long season for Wings fans

I ran 8. Pretty much my last run of any length until Sunday when I'm supposed to do a bit more.

Workday 3.8, first flat with two 0.17 steepish hills at the end, then 1 wiggly roadcrown hill.

October is rehab runs month

delicate flower

'Morning!  I ran 7 very easy miles before work.

NHL opened last night.

And now that ESPN is airing games again, suddenly they are talking about hockey when they basically ignored it for the past 20 years.  This is one of my major gripes with them and one of the reasons I don't watch SportsCenter any more...they'll only talk about the sports that they air.  I assume they show La Liga highlights now without showing Premier League..

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Ran 6 this morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

Good morning!

Thanks for the love yesterday.  I've been reading other people's Chicago posts, and it seems like an awful lot of people finished 30 minutes to an hour longer than planned.  I was about 40 minutes longer than I thought I would be, so seeing other people were about the same does make me feel a little bit better.  It sounds like the red flag went up at 1115a (I thought it was later), so that explains a lot.  Anyway, it's done, time to start thinking about what's next.

I walked 3 miles this morning.  It's still too hot out there.

Docket_Rocket

KC, my friend also thought it was later but it was before she even reached the 30K so pretty early.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket, how was Bond and the IMAX?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Good morning!

Thanks for the love yesterday.  I've been reading other people's Chicago posts, and it seems like an awful lot of people finished 30 minutes to an hour longer than planned.  I was about 40 minutes longer than I thought I would be, so seeing other people were about the same does make me feel a little bit better.  It sounds like the red flag went up at 1115a (I thought it was later), so that explains a lot.  Anyway, it's done, time to start thinking about what's next.

I walked 3 miles this morning.  It's still too hot out there.

In those conditions, even 40 minutes longer seems like a job well done.  Congrats.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Docket, how was Bond and the IMAX?

It was good! But it can be seen in regular, IMO. Sorry, I forgot to report back.

It was an awesome send off to this Bond (this is his last movie).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

7 hilly miles. It was a lovely 46F when I started so even cooler when I dipped down into the canyon. I wore a long sleeve for the first time since probably February 

It was good! But it can be seen in regular, IMO. Sorry, I forgot to report back.

It was an awesome send off to this Bond (this is his last movie).

Cool!

bluerun

Super B****

Froze my ass off in the pool, but my legs are happier now. The search for perfect goggles continues…

Also, RW has Boston gear at 30% off… but THE jacket is only available in medium. Glad I didn’t wait, I guess.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hit the track this morning: 7x800m w/200m recoveries + 3x200m w/200m. It was McMillan's "cruise intervals" so targeting about LT pace for the 800s. I was shooting for around 7:00, and nailed them - all between 6:51 and 7:02. Consistent, smooth, not too hard, just felt good overall. HM scheduled for Sunday, first one in exactly two years - last one was the same race in 2019. I have no idea what to expect, but today gave me a bit more optimism.

Dave

I enjoy Bond movies although I'm not a fanatic. I've probably seen most of them, but not necessarily multiple times, and they all kind of run into each other in my memory. I may see this one but IDK. And I never spring for any theater viewing experience above "standard." I think that's good enough (it's a big screen already!), and for me it's not worth the extra money to go beyond.

And now that ESPN is airing games again, suddenly they are talking about hockey when they basically ignored it for the past 20 years.  This is one of my major gripes with them and one of the reasons I don't watch SportsCenter any more...they'll only talk about the sports that they air.  I assume they show La Liga highlights now without showing Premier League..

Yep. And even more specifically - when there is a game airing after SportsCenter, 75% of the show is covering/promoting that game. We've talked about this, but the only time I ever turn on ESPN anymore is to watch a game.

Dave

Who would have guessed Seattle-Las Vegas NHL 20 5 years ago...

Really! And of course suddenly everyone here is a hockey fan now, like what happened in Vegas a few years ago. Of course it will be even more so if they have the same level of success.

Dave