Beginners and Beyond

HIM SaturDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Cyberic

Go kill it, baboon!

onemile

Go kill it, baboon!

And also DaveP.

Cyberic

Morning, seems like summer has finally caught up with us. Most would have added "finally", but not this runner.

I will run later on this morning.

Cyberic

Runshortii

10 mile race in 45 minutes. I've never done a 10 miler, so automatic PR bonus?

LRB

10 mile race in 45 minutes. I've never done a 10 miler, so automatic PR bonus?

Bam.

LRB

I was unable (or unwilling) to wake up in time to go run at Bald Mountain with the ladies, so my trail running debut will have to come some other time. I'm going to drive over to Rochester and run there instead, alone.

#idiot

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good luck Baboon, DaveP and Runshortii. I read Runshortii's post as she already did the 10 miler in 45 minutes  The coffee has not yet kicked in. Short run a little later.

LRB

Good luck Baboon, DaveP and Runshortii. I read Runshortii's post as she already did the 10 miler in 45 minutes  The coffee has not yet kicked in. Short run a little later.

lol

LRB

Go kill it, baboon!

It looks like he completed the swim and is on to the bike!

MTA: The link doesn't copy his current position so you'll have to search for bib #173.

Mr MattM

11 miles this morning with temps only in the 70s.  More later.

be curious; not judgmental

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The weather people lied about the humidity, it was not 62% or whatever, it ended up being 81% which isn't nearly as bad as 94% but I was really looking forward to the lack of humidity. Dew point was spot on so I guess that's okay.

Jetta and I ran our 15 miles this morning, it started out 68 degrees, 81% humidity and a dew point of 61, and it had climbed to 76 degrees and sunny by the time we finished. Jetta did really good, and I made sure that we took plenty of breaks throughout the run and that she had water sources like lakes and ponds and stuff.

Around mile 12.7 I walked her to a lake, the first 5 feet had some water weeds and stuff so you couldn't see the bottom. Normally Jetta is very cautious but this time I think she said fuck it and started walking into the water - a few steps and suddenly her whole front half was underwater and then as she began to right herself she had to swim out a ways, just about 15 feet away from me. I thought for sure she was going to keep swimming farther out, get tired and then I'd have to rescue her. Luckily she turned around and came back to me, and on the bright side... she cooled off 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Instead of running a marathon in 20 minutes, I have 6 miles tonight. Oh, well.

Good luck, Baboon!  Kill it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck Baboon and DaveP!

Some pretty pics

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Dave