Beginners and Beyond

Literal TuesDAILIES (Read 43 times)

LRB

'Sup.

It's back to the grind for me this morning, both at work and in training.

I run the football pool at the office and it's not gonna be fun listening to all the venom and bellyaching about how the Lions suck. In fact, I might just wear headphones.

What about you. What are your running, work or other plans today?

bluerun

Super B****

Back on the bike trainer because running is probably stupid when I can't walk without limping.

I am sad.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Ran yesterday. One hour easy with some strides, right after supper. It was completely dark before 7. I have to buy some gear to run in the evenings now. Reflective, or leds, or something. 

Bought some shoes on sale online yesterday. Can't really find reviews of them. The little I read is they're cheap shoes 

http://www.adidas.ca/en/mens-nova-cushion-shoes/B40221.html

I'll see if I can run in them, if not, I'll wear them as walking shoes or something.

Cyberic

Are knuckle lights any good? I know LRB mentioned having some.

StepbyStep-SH

I basically went to bed before my 9-year-old last night, had bizarre dreams about peeing in bright colors (don't ask; I have no idea), and am still tired this morning.

No running today, but I do have an hour strength training class and should have 90 minutes of martial arts, but that 9-year-old, who is in the class with me, didn't fall asleep until probably 10 last night and was awake at 5:30 this morning. He may be a grumpy nightmare before that class is over at 7:30 p.m.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

You Rang?

Five easy miles this evening.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, I use Knucklelights. I run in lighted sub divisions after dark, so I use them more so drivers can see me as opposed to needing to light up my path. I also have some colored LCD bands I wear on my arm and a flashing light on my ankle. I call it my Christmas tree look.

Lots of people like them. I think D uses one. The only negative I've heard from some people is the beam bouncing around is distracting.

I have a headlamp; I thought I'd hate it, because I don't like stuff on my head - I never wear hat or sunglasses. But it's fine, and after a while I don't notice it.

Dave

I run the football pool at the office and it's not gonna be fun listening to all the venom and bellyaching about how the Lions suck. In fact, I might just wear headphones.

Bears coming to town on Sunday...not gonna get any easier! Ha. Bears are awful too, somehow they have won the last two with last-second field goals. You've got a chance here. Plenty of moaning out here about the underperforming 'Hawks. I don't know which is harder to take, Seahawks fans when they're winning or when they're losing. I guess that's true about any fans.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning.

8.7 foggy miles - my head and the road.  It's just another work day for me, but shouldn't be too long or hard.   I'm thankful I have a job, but I sure wish I didn't need to work.

Everyone have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Cyberic, I use Knucklelights. I run in lighted sub divisions after dark, so I use them more so drivers can see me as opposed to needing to light up my path. I also have some colored LCD bands I wear on my arm and a flashing light on my ankle. I call it my Christmas tree look.

But are they (knuckle lamps) useful for lighting up your path?

I have a head lamp too. I ran a night race in 2012, and they gave me one. Maybe I'll try that. Maybe change the batteries first Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning. My day so far:

Reported to work as instructed.

Got an asthma attack from the construction.

Got sent home to work there as I should have in the first place.

FFS.

Maybe a run with hubby tonight.

I love blinding bad drivers with the knuckle lights. I use them to get cars to not hit me as opposed to light my route.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I love blinding bad drivers with the knuckle lights. I use them to get cars to not hit me as opposed to light my route.

You're evil Smile

I like to run during the kids' soccer practices. If I run on the streets (sidewalks), I need led or stuff to make sure I'm seen. But I was wondering if I could run in parks. But for that I need to see where I'm going, thus my question about the effectiveness of the knuckle lights.

Of course, in two months there will be snow, and it will be brighter at night.

delicate flower

I love my Knuckle Lights.  I used them this morning, as a matter of fact.  My only gripe with them is that they rip through batteries pretty quickly, so buy some rechargeables to use with them.  They provide plenty of light on my rail trail runs.  When I run on the road in the dark though, I'll also wear my 200 lumen headlamp, because cars.  I am lit up like a damn Christmas tree when I run in the dark on the road.

'Morning!  Two days was enough marathon recovery for me.  Nice, easy jog this morning felt fine.  Tired legs, but nothing hurts.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

He-he I do the same as Docket. I put one on blinking and flash it at cars when I am trying to cross the traffic circle.

For me, its hard to tell how bright they are since there technically is enough light from the street lights.