Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #254 (Read 28 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

First... seeing that old post/thread pop up out of nowhere is weird (the one where I asked about the benefits of inline skating)... who is that guy Colin?

Second, Good Morning all. Jetta and I ran 5.1 miles out on the trail this morning, with like half a mile to go I was attacked by a HUGE spiderweb and then that giant orb weaving bastard tried to hitch a ride on me 

I am definitely feeling this week in my legs.... Monday's race, Tuesday's hills, yesterday's leg workouts... I am taking precautions, using my stick, my herbal rub and other things. Hoping that I can get another run in either this afternoon or tomorrow, make it very easy and with walking, get my LR in Saturday and then freaking rest on Sunday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First... seeing that old post/thread pop up out of nowhere is weird (the one where I asked about the benefits of inline skating)... who is that guy Colin?

Spam?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I was going to say he might be spam.

I have 8 miles and I'll see if I can get my allergy shot at lunch.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's what I was thinking, I don't think I've ever seen it here.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

3.5 miles outside this morning.  There were big dark clouds, and some humidity, but the rain held off.  It was cooler today, too, in the mid 60s.

8 miles

My MIL in Oregon has been evacuated due to fires in her town.

Dave

sdWhiskers

7 miles in amazing cooler temps! My phone showed 59F this morning.

We originally were going camping this weekend BUT basically all parks/forests in the state closed and no campfires allowed. Seems like the fire closest to us (~25 miles, almost a marathon--I could run there!) is slowly getting contained instead of raging uncontrollably like a few days ago.

KCRuns

Awful.  Does she have someplace not too far away or is she coming to stay with y'all until it's safe to go back?

LRB

"Inline skating is an effective low impact exercise helps lose weight by turning fat into muscles"

lol

Awful.  Does she have someplace not too far away or is she coming to stay with y'all until it's safe to go back?

Yes, she’s staying with one of her other kids in a safer area of OR.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

8 miles

Oh, no.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I've been doing strength consistently for several years now (at least 1-2x wk), started after tweaking my back--who knew pregnancy destroys your core?  My goal has never been to get jacked, but rather be toned and able to do a few pushups.

Biggest impact on running is zero running injuries since I've been doing it regularly. Might not be related but probably plays some role. It requires planning out the week a little to make leg days mesh well with faster running days (I usually do leg workout in the PM of same day when doing harder running workout in the AM).

Been enjoying BOD content in lieu of going to the gym or trusting my trainer to be Covid smart. I need a few heavier weights (some day they will be available again...) but I probably never need a gym again.

That's right. I had a brain fart...I remember you talking about meeting with your trainer a lot. And yes--you not getting injured seems to line up pretty well with what I've heard the benefits to be. Which is actually why I've decided to make it part of my routine, too.

Dh actually bought a half rack and found a local guy selling some plates, so I kind of feel like we have our own gym set up here, too.

RunningOnSand

It does help a lot and I love the mini history lessons I get as well!  It's obvious the trainer I follow on the app does his research of an area ahead of time, so he's full of interesting information.  I did not do a program today though, just ran on my own.

Is your trainer Tommy Rivs (Puzey)?

RunningOnSand

It honestly hasn't felt different to me. It just looks very hazy. My understanding is that it's the very fine particles that can damage your lungs (probably similar to an asbestos phenomenon), where it's a matter of particle concentration in the air x exposure time. With an exertion factor since presumably you're inhaling more when running. Anyway I just checked again and it's been dropping throughout the day, so that's a good sign I guess.

I think that type of thing is the freakiest to me b/c you can't tell it's doing damage. Glad to hear it's dropping, though. Hoping it continues to. Are any of the fires in WA close to you? Sorry to hear about MIL. Sad Glad she has family nearby to stay with. We've had other types of natural disasters that we've dealt with, but never wild fires. Scary stuff.

RunningOnSand

I ran 3, and walked a total of about 1.5 miles again. This time the forecast and reality matched up, and it was a really pretty morning. Super cold though (37*!). I saw my breath for most of the run, and contemplated wearing gloves b/c I obviously haven't acclimated to the cold yet, but thought otherwise and just used my thumbholes, which I regretted for the first half, but was thankful for my last half.

I also did strength training and some rehab. I am dragging ass today.