Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdaylies on the 28th (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.1 miles that turned into a progression run.  It wasn't fast, but felt great.

I've got a lot to do today, and gotta get going.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

8 w/10 strides. Slow.

Dave

Cyberic

SRD # 3.

Getting better physically, and mentally. I'm starting to think about running again. Looking at plans, and all Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  My ass/groin still hurt so I am glad it's a Pilates day and nothing else.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

5.6, and I learned something new and somewhat odd about the Garmin recovery advisor.

After the trail half on Sunday, it gave me a recovery time of four days, which was down to 27 hours by the time I started this morning's run.  I use other watches for the trainer, AlterG, and pool, so my 620 had been sitting idle since Sunday.  In the interest of conducting a little experiment, I tried to keep this run super easy; I guess I was successful at that, since my average HR was very low (for me).  And lo and behold, after this run... my recovery time was 15 hours.

MTA that this was apparently so astonishing... I burned my pancakes.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Good morning!  Today is a bike ride day, weather permitting.  I won't mind if rain forces me onto the spin bike because we need the rain.

<3

Cyberic

5.6, and I learned something new and somewhat odd about the Garmin recovery advisor.

After the trail half on Sunday, it gave me a recovery time of four days, which was down to 27 hours by the time I started this morning's run.  I use other watches for the trainer, AlterG, and pool, so my 620 had been sitting idle since Sunday.  In the interest of conducting a little experiment, I tried to keep this run super easy; I guess I was successful at that, since my average HR was very low (for me).  And lo and behold, after this run... my recovery time was 15 hours.

MTA that this was apparently so astonishing... I burned my pancakes.

What do you find odd about it? That you actually recovered faster than the predicted recovery time given 3 days ago?

bluerun

Super B****

What do you find odd about it? That you actually recovered faster than the predicted recovery time given 3 days ago?

No, it's just weird that going for a run erased ten of those hours.  Though I guess it assumed my RHR would still be elevated from Sunday, and it wasn't, so that's why it happened.  (I don't actually LISTEN to the recovery advisor.  I just find it ... interesting.)

chasing the impossible

LRB

I ran 8, 4 of which was supposed to be at something resembling medium effort. It never happened. lol

I have struggled with fatigue during my midweek workouts this entire cycle (my first miles this morning were run through a pool of molasses, apparently), so it really shouldn't have come as a surprise.

I have struggled with fatigue during my midweek workouts this entire cycle 

Dave

LRB

Luckily for you, it's almost over. I on the other hand, have 5 weeks to go. 👎 -_-

Cyberic

No, it's just weird that going for a run erased ten of those hours.  Though I guess it assumed my RHR would still be elevated from Sunday, and it wasn't, so that's why it happened.  (I don't actually LISTEN to the recovery advisor.  I just find it ... interesting.)

I find it gives me a ball park figure of how hard my run was. I like its estimates, I find they make sense, but there are some cases when I have recovered for 48 hours in 24 hours based on the second estimate.

I find it interesting too, not accurate, but I check it every time.

delicate flower

You ever get the recovery advisor to spit out a "POOR" reading?  I have.  Smile  Usually during a race cool down, and I'm all "WTF Garmin, I am doing a recovery jog here."

<3

bluerun

Super B****

You ever get the recovery advisor to spit out a "POOR" reading?  I have.  Smile  Usually during a race cool down, and I'm all "WTF Garmin, I am doing a recovery jog here."

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

I have. The day after a workout. The watch was right, too. I had overdone it the day before, kept to my planned workout even if the temps would have called for a slower pace. It took two more days before I was back to "GOOD".