Beginners and Beyond

ISLAGIATT Sundailies (Read 35 times)

Hip Redux

Up to go run a 22k through a rugged state forest and really freaking nervous. It'll be my longest distance in a long ass time and goes up and over the "mountain" twice, including one half mile stint at 40% incline and another longer one at 20% incline.  

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Any else regretting their choices for this sunday? lol

LRB

Any else regretting their choices for this sunday? lol

I am still on low volume training so yesterday's run was my big one for the week. Today I'll just run 6 to 8 and the biggest task will be staying interested!

Do you have a crew going with you?  Misery loves company you know. lol

Cyberic

Bought a running hat yesterdau fo the cold rainy days, thinking today would be one. It does not seem to be the case.

I'll head out soon for my long run. The exact length will be determined as my state of mind deteriorates.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 9.1 miles with it 41F and a chilly breeze.  It was a definite change from the last couple of weeks.

As far as regrets for the days plans, I've got to go work a few hours to finish yesterday's job.  Baby jesus is crying somewhere.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

It's May15th and the wind chill is currently 32 degrees, what??

onemile

It's May15th and the wind chill is currently 32 degrees, what??

I wore capris and two long sleeve shirts yesterday.

Mr MattM

8 chilly morning miles along the lakefront trail in Chicago.  I haven't ran there since October 9th, 2010.  It is supposed to warm up so I am planning to do it again later.  I am 9 miles away from a 90 mile week.

be curious; not judgmental

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  15 TM miles coming up.

Cy, thanks for the ingredient amounts.

Oski, ouch.  Sounds like my last marathon, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I haven't ran there since October 9th, 2010. 

Did you run the marathon on 10-10-10?

Cyberic

Ran for 2 hours today. For me, the definition of a long run is at least two hours. I'm not talking for anyone else, just for myself. For some, it's not long enough, for others it's too long, for me it's juuuuust right.

44.6 miles for the week.

As for temperature, it's 46, with 19 MPH winds with drafts at 32 MPH. I wore shorts and a long sleeve shirt. Hands were a little cold at first, but after a couple of miles, I was fine.

delicate flower

Running is dumb.  Last Sunday I ran a 12 mile tempo run and struggled like hell, finishing with a 7:35 avg pace.  I just got back from a 15 mile "easy" run at 7:42 pace, and it was really a ho-hum kind of run.  Not problem at all with it, and this after killing my legs yesterday.  I dunno.

<3

Cyberic

Up to go run a 22k through a rugged state forest and really freaking nervous. It'll be my longest distance in a long ass time and goes up and over the "mountain" twice, including one half mile stint at 40% incline and another longer one at 20% incline.  

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

It did?

Cyberic

I am 9 miles away from a 90 mile week.

That will be twice as much as me Smile

Mr MattM

Did you run the marathon on 10-10-10?

Yep!

be curious; not judgmental

LRB

I went out for 8 but wasn't feeling it so I turned around at the 2 mile mark to go home. When I got there however, I felt much better, so I went out 2 the other way and finished with 8 after all.