Beginners and Beyond

Happy New Years Day [Races] (Read 210 times)

TennisKid1192

Kevin

Is anyone running any races on either January 1st or on NYE? I'm trying to decide if I want to run a Commitment Day 5k in Chicago.  [http://www.commitmentday.com/]

Anyone know of any good races going on in/around Chicago. If not/you're not from the area, what races are you doing. Or will you just be recovering =P

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

There's the Peep fest 5k on New Year's Eve day by me in Bethlehem,PA.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

There is the New Years Eve run here which is extremely popular.  I ran it last year and though I didn't clock the time I wanted, I drank two brews afterwards!

RagRabbit

"Resolution Runs" are popular all over.  Just showing up to run on New Years morning deserves kudo's.   Those who do are usually quite easy going.  We don't run in snow, but the course eventually goes up the face of a large reservoir...people stagger getting to get to the top, then turn around and try not to run too fast on the down hill.

I'm taking this on off to both rehab my Achilles and make a trip to Pasadena.  Honest...I did look for a run there, but I believe the locals there have their hands full already without trying to close off another series of streets.  With school ties to both Stanford and Wisconsin, we'll take in the game.

The heel has been nagging me for a long time....maybe this is the right time to let it rest and recover.

bluerun

Super B****

Yep, I'm doing a New Year's Eve 5K... I have no idea what I was thinking since I have never run at night before in my life.  I'm a morning runner all the way.  This should be... interesting.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Yep, I'm doing a New Year's Eve 5K... I have no idea what I was thinking since I have never run at night before in my life.  I'm a morning runner all the way.  This should be... interesting.

I'm a morning runner as well, and that race was at 4:00 pm.  Other than it being cold as heck, I really don't remember anything negative about the race itself, or waiting around for it.

Jess runs for bacon

Waa I want to do this one, solely for the fact the shirt has a peep on it. But I have to work Sad Next year hopefully.

I'll be doing a virtual half marathon on New Year's day.

bluerun

Super B****

I'm a morning runner as well, and that race was at 4:00 pm.  Other than it being cold as heck, I really don't remember anything negative about the race itself, or waiting around for it.

Ah, but a large benefit of being a morning runner is that my stupid stomach tends to like it better.  Besides, I'm used to being asleep at that hour, not running!  Wouldn't it be funny if I PR?!  (SO not going to happen.)

chasing the impossible

LRB

Ah, but a large benefit of being a morning runner is that my stupid stomach tends to like it better.  Besides, I'm used to being asleep at that hour, not running!  Wouldn't it be funny if I PR?!  (SO not going to happen.)

That you are running it at all PR notwithstanding, you have already won.

@runjerseygirl

There is a Hangover 5 miler close by on New Year's Day that I would like to run, but I'll be on lockdown. Sad

Do you even run?

bluerun

Super B****

That you are running it at all PR notwithstanding, you have already won.

True ... you got me there Smile

chasing the impossible

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ran it last year and really enjoyed it. I have to work this year so no go for me. Sad

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

If there were any in this area, I would. I used to think it was a neat idea to run after midnight on NYE until the year my fingers froze to death.

In transit, arriving on time. 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

The Karen Lawrence 4.2 mile Run for St. Jude in Chattanooga takes place New Years' Eve at 5:30 PM. I ran it last year, and I hope to run it about 8 minutes faster this year.

There's also a New Year's Day 6.2 mile run up the "W" road at 9 AM, but I'm not going to run that one.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

You are not doing it this time around?

I don't have any races for the 1st.  I work on the 31st so the only race I could do is out of the picture.  Unless the President gives us the day off again.

There is the New Years Eve run here which is extremely popular.  I ran it last year and though I didn't clock the time I wanted, I drank two brews afterwards!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page