Beginners and Beyond

Happy New Years Day [Races] (Read 210 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris are you a lawyer for the government? I ask because my boyfriend is. And no NY races for me. I couldn't decide on NYE plans and what state I even wanted to be in, so I couldn't commit to a race.

You are not doing it this time around?

I don't have any races for the 1st.  I work on the 31st so the only race I could do is out of the picture.  Unless the President gives us the day off again.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

You are not doing it this time around?

I thought about it for all the time it takes a pretty girl to bat an eyelash.  No.

It is a well organized, flat and fast event, but I will not even run marathon pace these next few weeks so 5k pace is completely out of the question.

As much as I love the race day atmosphere, I will pass on this one.  I have fish the size of free Willy to fry next year, in the grand scheme of things, this event is a guppy.

Hopefully you get the day off!

Docket_Rocket

Yeap.

Damaris are you a lawyer for the government? I ask because my boyfriend is. And no NY races for me. I couldn't decide on NYE plans and what state I even wanted to be in, so I couldn't commit to a race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Supersono99

I'm runnjng a virtual 5K. 

Docket_Rocket

Not sure how I would feel if I had the day off.  You know....

I thought about it for all the time it takes a pretty girl to bat an eyelash.  No.

It is a well organized, flat and fast event, but I will not even run marathon pace these next few weeks so 5k pace is completely out of the question.

As much as I love the race day atmosphere, I will pass on this one.  I have fish the size of free Willy to fry next year, in the grand scheme of things, this event is a guppy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yes, I am starting my Race Count for 2013 on January 1st with two events.  The first one starts right at Midnite and is the New Year Midnite 5k at Fort Sam Houston.  It goes around the base and as we do the course, we can see the fireworks shooting off from Tower of the Americas in downtown San Antonio.

The second one will be the Cobweb Chaser 5K in McAllister Park at 10 a.m..  The park is only a mile from my house, so I can sleep in a bit, then head over there and do the 5K and then come back and watch the Bowl games.   Also, for some reason here in Texas - or is this done in all the rest of the South too? - during the 5K a big batch of black-eyed peas is being cooked up and then served post-race.  Yuk.  I'd rather have a beer. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Resident Historian

There'a a downtown Portland (OR) race - First Run 5k starts at the stroke of midnight.  Since the pre-race party is on from 10pm... could be some interesting results.

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Lilac and April - I wonder how the turnout is going to be at the Peep race, after all it's at 1 pm. The shirt from last year is pretty cool - we love our Peeps!

Scotty - black eyed peas is definitely a southern thing, especially for New Years. Beer, on the other hand, is a Pennsylvania thing!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jen2011

Running in the Frostbite 10K on the morning of the 1st.  Last year I ran the 5K.  And after the race, anyone who wants to gets to jump in the YMCA pool for a Frostbite Plunge.

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

Yeap.

I'm doing a "Polar Bear" winter series of 4 races progressing from 5K to Half, starting on Jan 1.

Should be fun.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

bahaha love it.

In transit, arriving on time. 

LRB

bahaha love it.

Right?  Every event cannot be the event.  Gotta prioritize.   Smile

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Right?  Every event cannot be the event.  Gotta prioritize.   Smile

This is true, but I was referring to the movie reference. Smile

In transit, arriving on time. 

LRB

This is true, but I was referring to the movie reference. Smile

It was either Willy or Walter, but I didn't think many would know who that is.

LRB

Hancock.