Beginners and Beyond

Into the great Saturdailies we go (Read 40 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wow. We hadn't used the intro in a long time. I had to dig to find it

Rest day since I've been ramping back the miles. I need to be careful.

today shall be a crafting day. After puppy pool I will go to the craft store. I am making new bows for the bells and wreaths so they will be fresh/non faded next year.  The old ones are getting faded and old. The larger bows I need some floral wire and I cant find mine. The smaller ones are done except some fabric glue is needed so the hold up.

Marjorie

LRB

What up doe!

Temps are in the 30's so maybe I can finally have a decent speed work session, we shall see...

That will commence in awhile as I have not had any coffee or done anything else yet.  I have just been sitting here surfing the world wide web, one of my favorite hobbies.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

As you have used the "official" intro, I defer to your dailies. I will copy/paste my snarky post below and hence delete my thread. Smile

Good Morning, Dailies, Runners, Joggers, and Lurkers!

It's the last Saturday of 2013 and I hope it's a good one for all!

I hope that the reason this thread wasn't already started is because everyone is already out running (as opposed to freezing to death in sub-zero temperatures).

I will be getting out there for a walk/run this morning, even though I'm not allowed to run until Tuesday. It just seems like I've got this pent-up energy and I want to throw some of it down on the pavement. I'm itching to get moving!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

Thanks for kicking things off, Marjorie!

Long run day, but I'm a little behind in getting out there. I was waiting for full daylight, since I'll be on the country roads and highways around my FIL's farm. Shooting for 20 miles, but we'll see how my legs handle it, since there may be snow and slippery surfaces.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Wow. We hadn't used the intro in a long time. I had to dig to find it

Thank goodness, I forgot what to do here!

6 miles on the hotel treadmill. End of a great vacation in DC, getting ready to make the long drive home.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, Cupcakes!?  I am almost through a five shot Americano, so WHEEEEE!!  Today's plans include buying a laptop, running seven miles, and going to a friend's party tonight.

Have a great Saturday!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Did someone say cupcakes?  I want.  Wait, I have on my fridge, peppermint bark ones, yum.

I woke up with a lot of pain so my run will have to happen tonight.  I wanted to do my LR this morning but that is out of the question.  So, 8 miles or my LR depending on time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Goood morning!

6 recovery miles before lunch, some house cleaning, then off to a party tonight. More eating, urgh...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Of course we wouldn't want people to forget what to do, Dave!

Started crafting. I need to go to the drafting store to get the rest of what I need.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I need to put in at least one mile today, I will be so happy when my holiday streak is over... but I must say I am learning to improvise now.

One more family gathering tonight for Christmas, and then it will officially be over with.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Heading to the mall soon with DW and hoping to get 6 in before it gets dark. I'd really like to take a long bike ride as well since it's in the low 50's today......hapoy Saturday everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

outoftheblue

I tested out the new Garmin 220 I got for Christmas yesterday afternoon.  I can't believe what a big improvement it is over the clunky 305 I've been using for the last few years.

My new rooster spent his first night on the roost inside the coop next to the hens.  I awoke to find a terrified rooster cowering behind the nest boxes in the coop.  The then hens took turns chasing him around the yard and pecking him, before finally letting him be.  He's not bleeding or physically hurt, so the poor guy is just going to have to take it until he learns to step it up.   I feel bad for him, but not sorry I brought him home.  His previous owner said he was headed to the stew pot if I didn't take him.   Nature is no Disney movie, that's for sure.

Life is good.

LRB

His previous owner said he was headed to the stew pot if I didn't take him.  

That is funny!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Poor henpecked rooster....

Well, I did it. For the first time since the beginning of November, I ran a whole mile! Woo Hoo!

I guess normally, that would not be cause for celebration, but since I've been down with a knee ailment of some sort (and under Dr orders to NOT run until 12/31), running a mile is an achievement for me!

Funny, I don't recall getting that winded from such a short run, at least not in the last 2 years or so. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54