Beginners and Beyond

Shoe buying experience......Help me understand if I'm missing something...... (Read 60 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I'll try to "cliffs" this but not sure it's gonna happen.  Here goes.....

Scene 1:  Buy mom (who's wanted cool-looking neon running shoes for a long time) some hot pink Pegasus w/ neon yellow Nike swoosh and black trim.  Also bought some cool Nike Dri Fit neon yellow socks to pop the yellow swoosh. (way cool)  Mom loves 'em but they're the wrong size. (she really mostly walks but I'll do anything to help keep mom active)

Scene 2:  Mom lives an hour away so tell her to hold those & I'll swap when we do her B-day dinner.  Pick up next 2 sizes to make sure one pair fits.......BUT.......I notice the shoes went on sale. ($69 vs $79).  Cool.

(IF YOU'RE KEEPING TABS, I'VE NOW BOUGHT 3 PAIRS OF SHOES)

Scene 3:  Mom's Bday dinner......sister totally digs the shoes & the smallest size (one of the pairs that won't fit mom) fits her.  I'm feeling generous & touted Pegasus nirvana to her for years anyway so I tell her...."Keep 'em!". (Sis is thrilled)

Scene 4:  Take the 1 pair left today for which I paid the sale price of $69. (I also figure I'll get a price adjust on the first pair at $79 since it's within the 14 day price adjust window).  PROBLEM -------->  Manager won't make the simple $10 price adjustment because i don't have the shoes with me.  WTF???

I try to explain the simplest scenario to no avail.   Manager repeatedly says, "It's just our policy is that you have to have the product here for a price adjust."

So after not being able to explain to her why this is all foolishness I dumb it down to the lowest level and explain this:

I say ----------------->  "So you want me to leave this line, go buy another pair of size 9.5 (each size is sku specific), get back in line to have you price adjust my old receipt and then get back in line a 3rd time and return them for full credit on the newest receipt???

She says ------------>  "Well, you could do that."

I say ------------------>  "Are you ABSOL-$%&@  %^$%!%!   @#^%&@@  !&@%!@!@#$-UTELY  S_E_R_I_O_U_S  ???????????"

Needless to say, at that point she gave up, acted like I was forcing her to break every rule and ordered the now traumatized subordinate to do the price adjust.

Did I miss something in the whole transaction or is Nike Factory Store just this anal?

/rant

The shoes (just cuz they're cool lookin') ------------>  

Randy

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Nike.....

well there's you're problem.

You people have issues 

Pretty much what FSocks said.

Nike Factory Store 

Moral of the story: patronize your LRS, you'll support a local business, and likely get way better customer service.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Nike.....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Nike.....

Yep.  I could see where this was going as soon as the word "Nike" came into play. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

cjones1

You could have told her to Just Do It.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

You got the $10.00 you really didn't deserve, where's the gratitude. Tongue

You wanna see someone traumatized? Try giving a cashier $21.03 on a $15.78 bill. By the time they are done you won't even know your name. lol

Little Blue

You wanna see someone traumatized? Try giving a cashier $21.03 on a $15.78 bill. By the time they are done you won't even know your name. lol

You're evil.

delicate flower

Did I miss something in the whole transaction or is Nike Factory Store just this anal?

The problem is that you are dealing with a retail employee in an outlet store.  I haven't encountered too many who are outside the box thinkers.  Be happy you got your $10.

<3

cjones1

I used to think my Dad was crazy when he would do stuff like this. He would tell the cashier, "Hang on, I think I've got the 78 cents, and then pull this pile of change out of his pocket that was big enough to sink the Titanic.  I always wondered where a guy that refused to get coins back with his change got that mountain that he walked around with.  He was like, I steal it from your mom. 

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

You're evil.

You have to, if you do not use it you will lose it. It's the same with jokes, passwords and phone numbers. Use them shits yo.

Hip Redux

No, you have to give them the 3 cents AFTER they've rung up the $21 as the cash tender.  Then watch the confused look!    Because otherwise, the register will just do the math for them.

LRB

No, you have to give them the 3 cents AFTER they've rung up the $21 as the cash tender.  Then watch the confused look!    Because otherwise, the register will just do the math for them.

lol - it is getting really pathetic nowadays. I forget the exact total (maybe $8.25 and I gave her a $20) but it had something to do with giving the cashier a quarter to get an extra dollar back instead of 75 cents, but she rang it up before I could get it out of my pocket.

Okay that's cool, but she wouldn't take it when I tried to give it to her! So I stood there like an idiot (the idiot that I am ironically but that's a story for another day Big grin) with four quarters in my hand like are you serious?

She wanted nothing to do with it!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

No big deal. I handle that type of transaction all the time. The ones I don't like are when the total comes to  some dollars and 1 cent and I have to count out 99 cents in change. Not hard but tedious.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Redrum - likely the easy answer -- the manager would have had to do extra work in the future to ok the unusual transaction, maybe even call or email corporate, and she was hellbent on not having to do that.

Rick - you'd get 5 singles and 5 nickels from me  Tongue. Also, while it was not your scenario, I have to train clerks to be wary of "quick change" scams.  For instance, you buy a bottle of pop with a $50, pocket all the returned bills, then tell the clerk just after they've closed the drawer "oh, let me actually give you exact change" and hand them back a $1 bill, pull out a ziploc full of coin, and tediously count out the .67 cents while distracting them with conversation the whole time.

George - you don't have a penny dish?  (And as an aside, I fish so much silver out of the penny dish from people who just DGAF about change, that it pays for a coffee every few days, haha.)