Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES' the word (Read 41 times)

LRB

Word.

Zelanie

I'm sleeping like a Dave tonight.  Had a good run last night, though!  Ran through a park that I almost never run in, even though it's pretty close to the house.

Today I have work and then a retirement event for coworkers, but might try to get some miles in after that.  First, let's see if I can get back to sleep.

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread.

Zelanie, have fun, whatever you do.

I slept in this morning. I moved my weekly alignment session to Monday evenings, so, I'll run after work.

From the Internet.

Morning.

Kitty is doing SO much better without the fluid in her chest. Much more active and alert. We have a surgical consult at 9:30. I bit the bullet and applied for a second vet-bills credit card and set up a GoFundMe page - husband is not willing to go into more debt for her, especially since we'll start paying off my student loans fairly soon, and I'm not willing to let her die if I can help it, so that seemed like a good compromise.

My Achilles is not super happy about All Star Week, I'll run a few miles later on if it's feeling OK, otherwise rest day. I am so drained, I could use the rest.

Little Blue

URD.  I've been called into work to help cut grass.  I won't need any extra time on my feet.  Cross training!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have nothing today.  Yay.

Lauren, thinking of the kitty.  Can you PM me the GoFundMe page? I want to help.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

cjones1

Missed the dailies yesterday.

6.5m yesterday and 5.5m today with a migraine in between.

There's a 5k I wanted to do tonight, but since I went home a bit early with the headache yesterday, I will probably be sitting at my desk.  Boo responsibility!!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

What up!

5 mile jog before work.  Why anyone would choose to do all their runs in the early morning is beyond me.  Morning running sucks.

<3

B-Plus

Word.

3 w/ strides done

LRB

What up!

5 mile jog before work.  Why anyone would choose to do all their runs in the early morning is beyond me.  Morning running sucks.

Looking at your race performances this year, I'd say morning running suits you just fine. 

delicate flower

Looking at your race performances this year, I'd say morning running suits you just fine. 

Imagine how much better they'd be if they were all afternoon races!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

URD. Had a fun night out with DH and friends last night, and 4:30 a.m. alarm was NOT.HAPPENING.

Maybe a little hiking in later with DS and friends, then a good workout in mental strength when we host 4 of DS's friends for an "end of school" movie night. Would it be bad to just wear headphones and get lost in my music for the whole 4+ hours while 9-year-old boys take over my house?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lauren that is great news about your kitty Smile

As for all you others sleeping in, Early Bird Gets the Worm but the Second Mouse Gets the Cheese  

Rocky and I got in 3 miles this morning, I wanted to get to the gym so I cut my 5 to 3 and figure I'll take Dorian out this afternoon for an easy 2 or 3 miles.

After the run, I headed to the gym for Back day Smile After an hour and 6 minutes of sweat and weights I felt good, the good kind of sore.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Rest day. 10 mile race tomorrow.

Yesterday, nothing went as planned. Overslept (WAY overslept) this morning so no run (I apparently have really needed sleep this week but I'm also kinda sick so I guess that's why) but I knew I was getting home from work an hour and 15 mins before my personal training session at the gym so I figured I'd run my planned 3-3.5 miles and go right to the gym. Turns out there was an escaped criminal less than half a mile from my apartment and SWAT team and police and police helicopters everywhere. So I decided to go to the gym and use treadmill. By the time I got on the TM only had time for a mile before seeing trainer. Ran my mile then my trainer gave me the hardest workout of my life. I was so wiped at the end of the hour I could only muster another mile....very slowly. So only 2 on the day yesterday.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

What up!

Clearly because they're idiots. 9 miles, very, very slow.

Dave