Beginners and Beyond

Hello, McFly! The month is ending, whatcha got? (Read 54 times)

Turrible.  Who ever thought that a 50 miler on the last day of last month was a good idea, or running 4 5Ks on consecutive days for that matter?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Would've been like 140 but due to whatever hamstring problem I'm having, I've had to cut it short to 134.4 miles total  but still 20 miles more than last month so that's good.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

News flash: Jay is human. (I think I used that once before, but certainly don't get to use it often.)

For me: 265, high month for the year.

Dave

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

118.2. Should have taken advantage of Leap Second.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

78.8. Lowest mileage month of the year :/

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

StepbyStep-SH

60.0. Took an entire week off after my half and still rebuilding (I've only been back to running 9 weeks so far).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Docket_Rocket

184.  That recovery from marathon week really kills you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

139.7.  Meh.

PADRunner

Half Crazy K 2.0

107. Backed off a bit in the last two weeks to try to get my heel & butt right.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

300.2 miles.  I'm not going to win any races, but I'm a consistent SOB.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Sounds like some whack radio station that only comes on between 3:00 and 3:05 am Sunday morning:

"What up doe; this is DJ I-Suck-Ass, and you're listening to the station that plays more excuses than hits. Coming up next is the classic uninspiring ballad, Cry Me a River. And be sure to tune in next week when we play the long unanticipated  acapella version." 

delicate flower

For me: 265, high month for the year.

Nice job, DaveP!

210 for me.  Good not great, but I'm ok with it.  Just like Jay, racing has cost me mileage.  I did five races in June.  It's hard to run a ton of miles with all the tapering and recovering.  I've just been trying to squeeze in quality workouts between races.

I'll be back to focusing on the marathon later in July.

<3