Beginners and Beyond

Question on my Garmin (Read 75 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Could be my imagination, but I think it is starting to lose power fast, yesterday evening it was at 51%, I woke up at 2 a.m and it was completely dead so I charged it to 100% and put it back on at 9:30 before leaving my house. Get home a couple of hours ago and look to see where it's at, 84%. It used to take a lot longer, or I could've sworn it used to hold charge a lot longer.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

I don't see any question there Joking But yeah, that doesn't seem right. How old is your Garmin?

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

#1 rule on computer repair: reboot.

make sure you get the data off it you want, factory reset.  check for firmware updates.

still losing charge?  call garmin.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I bought it this year, off amazon. It's a 410, but I am wondering if I should try to keep it locked because my son is always messing with it and I'm constantly bumping into thing setting the light off.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Is it HRM capable and are you using the HRM?  I have heard of the 4 series using up the battery fast because the user wasn't using the HRM and it was constantly trying to pair with it.  There might be a setting to turn off the pairing if you are not using the HRM.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Temps can be an issue as well.

Most rechargeable batteries don't hold charge in the cold as well.

Shouldn't be that dramatic though.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll keep it locked and see where it's at, after this morning's run it was at 81% after being charged at some point last night but not all night. I'll also see what the HRM is saying, whether it is trying to pair or not.

PRs

Just B.S.

Turn off the GPS when not running. The GPS function is what drains the battery.

Mine will hold a charge for at least several days with the GPS turned off.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It said HRM enabled (I never use it so I disabled it ) then it had "rescan" which I guess is pairing so I turned that off. Status says off. We'll see if that helps any.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Mine used to last 2-3 days before needing to be recharged which was fine with me, my wrist would like a break every once in a while. I've had the GPS on ever since I received the garmin in the mail.

Turn off the GPS when not running. The GPS function is what drains the battery.

Mine will hold a charge for at least several days with the GPS turned off.

PRs

Just B.S.

Mine used to last 2-3 days before needing to be recharged which was fine with me, my wrist would like a break every once in a while. I've had the GPS on ever since I received the garmin in the mail.

I never wear mine except for running but the GPS really drains it on the 410.

B-Plus

I never wear mine except for running but the GPS really drains it on the 410.

Even on standby? I've has my 405 forever, and while the battery life has degraded, it's not as bad as what FS describes. I'll try turning off the GPS as well to see if it lasts longer.

Just B.S.

Even on standby? I've has my 405 forever, and while the battery life has degraded, it's not as bad as what FS describes. I'll try turning off the GPS as well to see if it lasts longer.

Yup. Turning off the GPS makes a huge difference with mine.

B-Plus

Thanks Beth. I will definitely try that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Since 8 this morning to now it's gone down 2%.

PRs