Beginners and Beyond

Baboon's Get-Well Thread (Read 165 times)

Better I Leave

I was sufficiently drugged.

LMAO!!! I had pretty much the same pic taken for my bicep procedure as I was really dosed up on Fetanyl!!

Glad everything went well Phil. Smile

Little Blue

Daggum, that was quick!  Do they do that as drive-through surgery now?  Did you even get out of the car?  And tell us, how does coffee interact with anesthesia and pain drugs? Clown  Nice headwear, by the way.

Just B.S.

Love the lid!!! Very fashionable!LOL

I was sufficiently drugged.

delicate flower

Daggum, that was quick!  Do they do that as drive-through surgery now?  Did you even get out of the car?  And tell us, how does coffee interact with anesthesia and pain drugs? Clown  Nice headwear, by the way.

I asked if it was ok to stop for coffee.  Smile

Looking good 'n happy there, Dave!

I did not get to keep the tinfoil hat.

<3

runmomto3boys

Love that shot of you, Phil!  I'm sorry there was more damage than expected, but happy to here the prognosis for your recovery is good and faster than you had anticipated!

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Heal up fast, Phil!

runwell3

Hey Phil, glad your rehab has started & wishing you the speediest of recoveries.  (as you can see, the sole train already misses you badly!)  Please do try some swim lessons...triathlons are a blast, & I'm sure you'd really enjoy the challenge.

Supersono99

Get well soon.

delicate flower

(as you can see, the sole train already misses you badly!)  

I have definitely noticed.  Sad   Good news is that I'll be back sooner than I expected.  I've got three HM's planned for fall including Hartford and Hogsback.

<3

MrNamtor

Way to bust through it!

Good thing you weren't in the same hospital at the same time as Pine Grove or you could have had a Sylvester Stallone-Awnold Schwartzennegger style photo op. And I don't think that would be pretty.

Good thoughts for a speedy recovery, Phil.

Can't wait to see you posting about your next run.

RabbitChaser

Glad to hear your surgery went well! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Better I Leave

Way to bust through it!

Good thing you weren't in the same hospital at the same time as Pine Grove or you could have had a Sylvester Stallone-Awnold Schwartzennegger style photo op. And I don't think that would be pretty.

**giggle**

Hey Phil...They released you, yeah? That's pretty amazing. Marina had the same procedure and she was hospitalized for 2 days. Forgive me if you've already explained this, but did they use tissue from another part of your leg or did you opt for cadaver? The process is more involved, but Marina opted for her own tissue.

delicate flower

**giggle**

Hey Phil...They released you, yeah? That's pretty amazing. Marina had the same procedure and she was hospitalized for 2 days. Forgive me if you've already explained this, but did they use tissue from another part of your leg or did you opt for cadaver? The process is more involved, but Marina opted for her own tissue.

I was in and out of the surgery center in four hours.  They used donor tissue and made it a point to use a thicker ligament the time.  I had this done in 2009 as well and they used my own hamstring then.  I had more problems with my hammy during rehab so I am happy that won't be an issue now.

The doc also fixed my torn LCL and two meniscus tears.  He could not repair the larger meniscus tear so he had to trim it.  What that means is that I'm now at a higher risk of developing arthritis 20-25 years down the road if I continue to run this much.  I may be willing to take that chance.  I really don't want to give up marathons.  I just enjoy it so much.

<3

Better I Leave

Wow...4 hours and then home...Nice. Marina was under for 6!!! You'll be up and running in no time I'm sure. Take care my friend. Smile