Beginners and Beyond

Sluggish SunDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

This is gonna be ugly but running is not a beauty contest.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 11.4, then ran 3.2.  I rode the hilly, hard part of my usual LR route.  1250ft elevation gain over 11 miles was more than I was ready for, but I made it while staying in the seat on both big hills.  The run felt pretty easy after that Smile .

20 running, 40 biking for the week.  I can make this work.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Day three of no run.

Leg feeling better but still a little tightness - so I'll give it another day (or two, or three).

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Good luck DR. There was rain at some point earlier, currently still a light drizzle where I am, even though the weather channel says there is no rain and none predicted. Not an unusual situation around these parts. Race start is about 20 miles from me, so could be anything. But should be a good day in general - temp 56 degrees at the start (about a half hour ago, at 6:30) getting up to 60ish by the end, and cloudy.

AFM: will do something at some point.

Dave

No more marathons

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 with 2 sets 8 x 200. The last part was really rough. It was 80+ and 72 dewpoint, I think my clothes doubled in weight.

Good luck Docket!

LRB

I know there are people who can run 25 miles without so much as a single swallow of spit, I'm not one of them.

I drove to the dirt trail to run because I am sick of the track and treadmill and my ankle feels like a bag of sore marbles when I run on concrete or asphalt. I already felt like a shitball and the 77 degree temps and 67 dew dew (also known as the coldest winter ever in Miami) didn't help matters. Indeed, I took water twice, ate a GU and drank 4 ounces of Powerade between miles 1.25 and 3.5!

At some point however, the run opened up like a mother fucker. I ended up running a progression run unintentionally with a first mile split of 9:26 and a final mile split of 7:01. Mile 8 found me gasping like an out of shape sumo wrestler but I held on and had a really good run.

I know there are people who can run 25 miles without so much as a single swallow of spit, I'm not one of them.

I drove to the dirt trail to run because I am sick of the track and treadmill and my ankle feels like a bag of sore marbles when I run on concrete or asphalt. I already felt like a shitball and the 77 degree temps and 67 dew dew (also known as the coldest winter ever in Miami) didn't help matters. Indeed, I took water twice, ate a GU and drank 4 ounces of Powerade between miles 1.25 and 3.5!

At some point however, the run opened up like a mother fucker. I ended up running a progression run unintentionally with a first mile split of 9:26 and a final mile split of 7:01. Mile 8 found me gasping like an out of shape sumo wrestler but I held on and had a really good run.

Nice job!

10 miles in a light mist. 41 for the week.

My left calf has been kind of sore. Not debilitating, just annoying, and hope it doesn't turn into something more.

Dave

LRB

Nice job!

10 miles in a light mist. 41 for the week.

My left calf has been kind of sore. Not debilitating, just annoying, and hope it doesn't turn into something more.

I think we've all been dealing with sore calves. It must be an epidemic. lol

I've been mainly running in my big ass cruise ships to combat the problem. They have a nigher drop which places less stress on the achilles and thus the calves. I've also resisted the urge to stretch them than more than I normally do.

LRB

8 with 2 sets 8 x 200. The last part was really rough. It was 80+ and 72 dewpoint, I think my clothes doubled in weight.

Good luck Docket!

I snorted. Big grin

LRB

Day three of no run.

Leg feeling better but still a little tightness - so I'll give it another day (or two, or three).

Have you picked a fall goal race yet? I find that doing so helps keeps my mind focused and out of the dumps when I'm resting an injury.

LRB

Good morning!

I rode 11.4, then ran 3.2.  I rode the hilly, hard part of my usual LR route.  1250ft elevation gain over 11 miles was more than I was ready for, but I made it while staying in the seat on both big hills.  The run felt pretty easy after that Smile .

20 running, 40 biking for the week.  I can make this work.

Have a great day!

That's the spirit!!

Damaris is done!

Dave

No more marathons

Have you picked a fall goal race yet? I find that doing so helps keeps my mind focused and out of the dumps when I'm resting an injury.

My next race is actually on July 4th - a local 5K.

I should be fine by then - or not.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Damaris is done!

How'd she do?

He's a leaker!