Beginners and Beyond

Twofer Tuesdailies for Penguins! (Read 14 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, so I have no reason to make this a Twofer Tuesdaily.  It's just the first thing I thought of.  So I think I will be spending a good portion of my morning tracking down samples from Korea that seem to have gone lost in the post.  Luckily they're gel bands, so they'll be really stable, and if we find them in a month, I can still analyze them.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Hopesmom, thanks for starting us off.  Hope you find your samples. Smile

I ran 4 with my club this morning - I usually run 6-7, but had to be home early to let the contractor in.  We are redoing the 3rd and final bathroom.  I am so ready to be done with contractors, but the spa replaster is next. (I hate to complain, because first world problems...but it really is a pain!)

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon. Stuck in court still and had a lunch at work and still have a meeting at 230. Hoping I get to have some food. Gah. I have a work dinner tonight so RD for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, my samples appeared at my door, so that's all good!!  If I can get all this stuff done, it's going to be a lucrative May for my lab.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Some beautiful cool mornings around here in San Antonio - rare for May - and I can't run yet, darn the luck.   Wondering if this stupid hamstring/adductor will ever heal.   Still, I've had it pretty good so far - this is my first injury since 2005.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Scotty, your hamstring/adductor will heal as soon as it hits 95 degrees in the early mornings of San Antonio!!

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I'm glad your samples showed up.

Scotty - I feel your pain, literally.  Does yours hurt all the time or just when you run or only afterwards? Did you try the massage?

Damaris - I hope you managed to eat something between meetings.  Enjoy your RD.

Allison - good luck with the remodeling.  Jim redid one of our bathrooms in the previous house and it was definitely a pain.  Worth the time and effort though.

Another URD for me.  The leg doesn't hurt as much, but it's still there.  I'm afraid it's another stress fracture, or the osteitis pubis again, but in some ways that doesn't fit. Since everything in the area hurts (hamstrings on both sides, pelvis and adductors) it's hard to know what the real source is. I'm not willing to spend the money for an MRI, so I'm just going to rest a few days and see what happens.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Evening pens. I'm probably going to take an URD because I'm having a little sciatica flare up. Though maybe I'll get out there and try to do a mile to see how it goes.

Allison - remodeling sounds like a lot of work! Perhaps that is in my future if we buy a house or apartment in poor condition.

Dr - enjoy the work dinner.

Ham - I'm glad the samples arrive.

Ginny - hopefully the rest cures you Smile

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)