Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #246 (Read 27 times)

bluerun

Super B****

5.2 miles in a cool drizzle -- yes, 71° is cool to me. On that note, I just looked at the extended forecast and the day of my marathon, which has yet to be canceled and which is also my virtual Boston, calls for "Tons of rain. Overcast. Mild." Sounds kind of exactly like the weather I ran in at my last marathon.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 11 with 2 @ HMP, 1 @ 10K and 1 @ 5K. We'll see how long before the TM shuts down on these. #callmeflash

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.3 miles with 12 x400 (DAvePNW, if you haven't run yet, another workout idea). It was 72 degrees with a matching dewpoint, so it felt lovely out, not. The intervals felt really sluggish, so it was a pleasant surpise to see my average pace was 7:33.

delicate flower

HELLO lol.  My run streak of three days comes to an end today.  Normally on a day like this when I don't have a run scheduled, I'd run 5-8 miles anyway, but I am taking my taper for Fake Boston seriously.

<3

Cyberic

11 with 3 x (4000/400) . This one was harder. I switched back to GPS (instead of Stryd) for pace/distance, as I noticed Stryd was giving me too much distance/too fast a pace on the Endorphin Speeds on my workout on Monday, and thus making me believe I'm better than I am.

As has become my normal, and the more I do it, the more I'm convinced it is the right way to train for me, pace and time were not showing on my watch during the workout. Only distance and HR. It was warmer today, 69*, but cloudy and rather windy, and I was struggling a bit. I went too hard on the first 4000, and paid for it in the rest of the workout. But since I was not seeing the pace, event though I was suspecting I was slowing down, I tried keeping a constant effort and finish the workout.

Paces on the 4000s; 6:31, 6:35 and 6:39.   I walked the first 200m of my second 400m recovery as I was getting SS.

Solid effort. Effort management, average.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran 8 miles this morning, I really wanted to cut it in half... I'm sick of this muggy, suffocating air. Thankfully the wind picked up some and I had chosen to run on the riverfront so it was a very pleasant breeze.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

So we got new iPhones (11) coming in and now my job finally switched from shitty Samsungs to iPhones so tomorrow I get two iPhones in the mail (mine and the office one). Can't complain, but setting them up will be a pain.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Quad wicked sore from yesterday’s PT, got in the pool this morning but couldn’t do my pool mix, just some exaggerated water walking to stretch the hams.  Made a lane reservation for tomorrow as unlikely be able to run.

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

HELLO lol.  My run streak of three days comes to an end today.  Normally on a day like this when I don't have a run scheduled, I'd run 5-8 miles anyway, but I am taking my taper for Fake Boston seriously.

Although it won't "count", it is still a 26.2 mile run in which you'll be pushing yourself. Tapering is a necessity if you're going for a good result.

delicate flower

Although it won't "count", it is still a 26.2 mile run in which you'll be pushing yourself. Tapering is a necessity if you're going for a good result.

I would like to run 3:20 just to say I BQ'd a training run, even though it does not count.  That's a 7:39 pace, which *should* be easy enough, especially since I know it'll be exactly 26.2 miles and I won't have to run an extra .3-.5 miles.

<3

Cyberic

I would like to run 3:20 just to say I BQ'd a training run, even though it does not count.  That's a 7:39 pace, which *should* be easy enough, especially since I know it'll be exactly 26.2 miles and I won't have to run an extra .3-.5 miles.

which *should* be easy enough,

Good luck ! It seems to me like mental fortitude would be an issue, especially with the marathon distance. Will you be alone? Will you have someone on a bike for support or something?

sdWhiskers

6 miles. Decently dark in the mornings now but I haven't pulled out the Noxgear or headlamp since the Day Normal Life Ended (March 7).

I think being back at work has me extra tired. Sitting at my wfh desk for 8+ hours vs now on my feet for hours.

delicate flower

which *should* be easy enough,

Good luck ! It seems to me like mental fortitude would be an issue, especially with the marathon distance. Will you be alone? Will you have someone on a bike for support or something?

I have a 4.25 mile loop that I will do 6+ times.  DW will man an aid station.  I am not sure if I'll have any company on the run course yet.  I run solo 100% of the time though, so company isn't necessary.  I will put out an invite though.

<3

sdWhiskers

Does Fake Boston give you only one day to run it? Or a week? Hoping you can pick *best* weather.