Beginners and Beyond

St. Patrick's Thursday Penguins (Read 15 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

I was about to head out for 4 then I heard the rumble of thunder so I guess it's 4 on the mill.

Docket_Rocket

Happy St. Patrick's.  I have 6 and Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  Today I'll either do a short run/swim/run or a 3 mile run.  To be determined.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Philliefan33

Just 2 miles this morning. Now it's time for my basketball binge!

GinnyinPA

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Anyone celebrating?  I had a Guiness the other night at my beer run.  I had forgotten how good it can be.

PAD - I hope your TM run went well.

D - enjoy your 6+ this evening.  On yesterday's thread I asked about your coach - did you stop using him/her?

Margo - enjoy your binge watching.

AFM:  I got soaked this morning walking Ben, so I'm not in a hurry to go out again, though the rain today is intermittent. My legs are stiff and sore, so I may just give them a break, or do some sort of cross-training.  At the moment I just want a nap.  Ever since our trip, we've been exhausted and sleeping a lot, though it wasn't an issue while we were on the road.  Maybe a bit of post-trip depression?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk after work yesterday at O.P. Schnabel Park. 4 miles and 4 hills and temp was only 79 degrees, but felt cooler in the park under all the shade trees along the trails. I kicked hill butt!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt