Beginners and Beyond

what is your secret fail? (Read 503 times)

Butter Tart

Hey, me, too.

Great, lets agree to not phone each other! Wink

Antipodean

Housework. My husband agrees I'm a total loser in that respect. I tell him, 'I can run, though!' Cool

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Buelligan

I can wheelie a motorcycle really well, but I can't ride a unicycle for some reason.

SkyFlash

Remembering names of people. I have tried every trick in the book that says it will help you remember but I just can't no matter what! I am so afraid of being wrong that I rarely call anybody by their name unless I know them well. I feel badly because they probably think I don't care enough about them to try and remember their name but honestly, I have tried! And now I am so afraid I'll be wrong(and upset you further) that I'd just rather say "excuse me miss" or "hey, you" instead.

if I could change one thing about me I don't like, that one tops the list!

I seriously could have written this myself.  I think it's called nominal dysplasia.  I have many times said that on my death bed I would think of the many thousands of faces of people I have met throughout my life and not be able to remember a single name to go with them.  I can remember any face but never a name.

SkyFlash

I watch Amazing Race with my wife to help her learn other cultures and get an idea about geography.  Many Filipinos think the world consists of the Philippines and the US.  One will ask a foreigner where the are from and he will say the UK, or Denmark, or wherever and the Filipino will then ask, "What part of the US is that?"  Hahaahhaha  Sometimes the Amazing Race will go to Mumbai or somewhere and my will be amazed there are poorer places than here.  We also like Survivor because it's usually on a tropical island somewhere, kind of like our home.  Smile  The latest season was in the El Nido area of Palawan.  We've been to Palawan before and hope to visit the El Nido area next (well this) year some time.  El Nido is really gorgeous.  Might be cool if we can find some of the Survivor areas.  There have been a few Filipino Survivor seasons but they are a bit boring because it's all the social game.  You put a group of them on an island and there's no survival to it.  They can all climb a coconut tree and build a dry bamboo structure so it's no big deal to them.  Food they can find all over the place.  Hahahahaha   I think it's funny Fear Factor used to make people eat Balut.  In fact I think that Balut was one of the most dreaded things they had to eat.  We see Balut vendors all over and while I don't go looking for it I've had a few and it's no big deal.

Docket_Rocket

I also have problems remembering people's names.  I can remember faces from 30 years ago but all of a sudden, the name flows away.

I seriously could have written this myself.  I think it's called nominal dysplasia.  I have many times said that on my death bed I would think of the many thousands of faces of people I have met throughout my life and not be able to remember a single name to go with them.  I can remember any face but never a name.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I would love for us to be on the Amazing Race.  My husband and I would be like Jonathan and Victoria.  Very entertaining!

I watch Amazing Race with my wife to help her learn other cultures and get an idea about geography.  Many Filipinos think the world consists of the Philippines and the US.  One will ask a foreigner where the are from and he will say the UK, or Denmark, or wherever and the Filipino will then ask, "What part of the US is that?"  Hahaahhaha  Sometimes the Amazing Race will go to Mumbai or somewhere and my will be amazed there are poorer places than here.  We also like Survivor because it's usually on a tropical island somewhere, kind of like our home.  Smile  The latest season was in the El Nido area of Palawan.  We've been to Palawan before and hope to visit the El Nido area next (well this) year some time.  El Nido is really gorgeous.  Might be cool if we can find some of the Survivor areas.  There have been a few Filipino Survivor seasons but they are a bit boring because it's all the social game.  You put a group of them on an island and there's no survival to it.  They can all climb a coconut tree and build a dry bamboo structure so it's no big deal to them.  Food they can find all over the place.  Hahahahaha   I think it's funny Fear Factor used to make people eat Balut.  In fact I think that Balut was one of the most dreaded things they had to eat.  We see Balut vendors all over and while I don't go looking for it I've had a few and it's no big deal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Hell yes he did.  His team made it to the final three too, but did not win.

(I have had two brushes with reality tv "greatness" and they both involve Amazing Race.  I know the brother of a season two contestant, and the dad of one of the "family" teams from the goofy family season is a marathon maniac).

I detest all reality tv... except amazing race, which I truly used to love.

BTW, the soup thing... it was ok to puke the soup.  They all were.  But you had to puke in a bucket or discreetly outside or something.  But it hit him too fast and a little got into his bowl.  Whoops.

One of our surgeons at work is the uncle of the family who won that goofy family season!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

This isn't really a secret fail because everyone knows (even my children) that I CANNOT cook!  I just suck at it.  My DD got an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas and wanted me to help her make chocolate chip cookies...yep, I burnt the hell out of them!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

notimeforthat

I shoot first and ask questions later. Ok, that is not really secret.....damn.

I cannot dance. Not even a little.