Beginners and Beyond

Mid-May FriDailies (Read 23 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Another beautiful morning.  6½ miles on a sunny morning in 281ºK .

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

2.5 dirt RR grade... work day

I mentioned it once I think, I work retail, week day hours8:45am to 8:30pm, so I keep it real short as the work day gets uncomfortable all by itself

delicate flower

Hiya, friends!  2600 yard swim done, and a run on tap this afternoon.  I'll add a couple of easy miles with the doggo after.  Speaking of which, she was up at 4:30 this morning.  She seems to wake up with the slightest hint of daybreak.  Now she'll sleep all day while we work....the fucker.  Wife was nice enough to bring me home a five shot Americano after her run this morning.  I need the caffeine!

I got a picture of the two bears I saw on my bike ride last night.  I had to hurry to get the pic, thus the poor quality.  That white thing to the left in the photo is not a bear but a car.

<3

I got a picture of the two bears I saw on my bike ride last night.  I had to hurry to get the pic, thus the poor quality.  That white thing to the left in the photo is not a bear but a car.

😀

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Massage this morning, Pilates and 6 later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'll add a couple of easy miles with the doggo after.  Speaking of which, she was up at 4:30 this morning.  She seems to wake up with the slightest hint of daybreak. 

You might double-check to confirm you did not accidentally get yourself a rooster. 

10 miles.

Dave

KCRuns

3.25 miles.  I walked a lot along the lake and just enjoyed being out there, it was beautiful this morning.

sdWhiskers

7 miles. First run without a buff in a year.

Cyberic

UED

Was supposed to be a RD. I got a text last evening from my new RP. Short and sweet:

RP: Tomorrow?

Me: 6:40-6:42?

RP: Perfect

And so easy as that my RD went out the window.

7 miles. First run without a buff in a year.

I thought about leaving it behind, but decided to keep it. (1) in case I need to make a bathroom stop somewhere, places still have "mask required" signs; (2) still feel like I should be pulling it up over my face when passing someone, out of courtesy. It will be a process.... I am thinking for my race, instead of wearing a buff just having a mask in my pocket for pre-start/post-finish (I imagine that will still be the race's rule). By that point maybe there won't be as much concern about having to pull it up when getting close to people.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I quit wearing my mask on a lanyard about a week or so ago, whenever MD said those fully vaccinated didn't need it outside. I do keep one in my running pack since they are still required indoors and if I am going indoors during a run, it is an emergency situation.

sdWhiskers

I thought about leaving it behind, but decided to keep it. (1) in case I need to make a bathroom stop somewhere, places still have "mask required" signs; (2) still feel like I should be pulling it up over my face when passing someone, out of courtesy. It will be a process.... I am thinking for my race, instead of wearing a buff just having a mask in my pocket for pre-start/post-finish (I imagine that will still be the race's rule). By that point maybe there won't be as much concern about having to pull it up when getting close to people.

Well, I don't make bathroom stops   And I'll keep bringing it along for LRs because I typically go to more crowded areas. But I only pass a handful of people during weekday runs and it's always been easy to pass with plenty of space.

My county is at ~65% people with at least one dose for age 16+.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oh how lovely, my county has 45% getting at least a first dose and 36% getting a second. At least this looks like it is based on total population and not over 18. Even so, not good. As a state, we are at 65% over 18 with at least 1 dose. As soon as we hit 70%, the goverrnor said we can get rid of our damn masks and it seems like he is doing it the second 70% get the first shot.

It definitely concerns me that the mandates are going to drop soon. The absolute last thing DH or I need right now is to be in contact with anyone who tests positive because the long term care place where MIL is will not allow you in (doesn't matter if you are fully vaccinated & have no symptoms, if you in contact with a known positive, you cannot enter for 14 days).

ETA, I don't think I've needed a bathroom stop in a long time (mornings have made a huge difference in that). I have used the mask for errands while running--post office and the every 6 week trips to the tire repair place.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My 14-year-old is getting his first shot in just a couple hours.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

sdWhiskers

My 14-year-old is getting his first shot in just a couple hours.

Yay!!