Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 20 times)

Really? Noon on the west coast and no one here? Ran 17 miles with the group, with 1000 feet of gain. It was some work, but a beautiful day for it. 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

9. Easily my best long run on a very long time.

DavePNW,  nice picture.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! I have 6 later. Still waiting to go out for lunch with hubby (I'm starving, man!)

Nice pic, Dave!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Waddled my way through a 10k trail race today. Its been years since I've run trails so I forgot that I suck at trails. DFL. I'm ok with that. At small local races (there were about 50 of us) I'm usually last.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

A lazy 5 for me today under grey clouds.  More of the same likely tomorrow.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

sdWhiskers

RD. Went to IHOP instead. RP picked up my bib for tomorrow, which is awesome as it's like 40 min away.

sdWhiskers

9. Easily my best long run on a very long time

Yay!!

Docket_Rocket

RD. Went to IHOP instead. RP picked up my bib for tomorrow, which is awesome as it's like 40 min away.

Good luck!

I am considering an RD too. My knee started hurting earlier and I don’t want it to get to the point it was in September. #runsmartwhengettingold

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Today's been a pretty good Saturday.  Slept late then ran 5 decent miles on the track.  Got home and sat in the hot tub for 45 minutes, then DW (who is sick) demanded waffles so I made some for her.  Then I took the doggo to Petco to get treats and a new pull toy for her and she had a blast getting pets from strangers.  Got home from that and hopped on the bike trainer for 75 minutes while watching Alice in Borderland.  Now I am settled on the couch for the next few hours while I watch playoff football.

So there.

<3

Swim 2250….  Sticking with medicine plan is not something I do well

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Late start for my run/walk today as my wife and I had some appointments.

Did not even get started on my run/walk until 1:30 pm.  Weather was a bit windy here in San Antonio, but pretty nice with abundant sunshine and a temp of 61 degrees.  I have my 3rd 5K of 2023 on January 15, so just took it easy for this one, doing a course on JBSA Fort Sam Houston and going through one of the family housing areas - what I call my "Dog Alley" route because the dogs see me coming and start barking at me - like "Hurry up! Hurry up!" lol, because they know I have treats for them.

Very relaxing and slow run/walk of 3.3 miles in 45:48, averaging 13:58 per mile, with dog-stops along the way. Negative split for Mile 3.  Slow negative split, lol, but even so;  also threw in one pretty good-sized hill and the rest of the course was flat, flat, flat.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Swim 2250….  Sticking with medicine plan is not something I do well

Totally missed the good news of the swim:  no little calf crampsπŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ on the three previous long swims I developed cramps in the smaller muscles in the right calf, but not during this swim.   Same rotation of free, back, breast