Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins, it's all black and white! (Read 15 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey, Wednesday Penguins!  I have quartet rehearsal tonight, but I'm feeling a little iffy.  Hopefully it'll go away soon.  I did make some headway into fixing one on my instruments yesterday, so now I want to see how a REAL sample looks!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

HsM- Hope your day is full of lots of new peptides and working intruments.

I ran a tempo run last night, and it was hard.  I haven't done a lot of speedwork lately, and none of it has involved holding pace over time- yikes!  My first interval was probably too fast- wishful thinking on my part of what my pace should be.  The second one was probably more realistic.  Felt tough, but it's done and I didn't die. Smile  10 tonight.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

HopesMom, have a great day!

Zel, nice job on the tempo run.  And I did a tempo run this morning with the same thoughts you had:  It was hard but I did not die.  7.1 miles done with 4 at goal HMP.  (we'll find out how realistic goal pace is in 11 days)

Today, I've been married to the handsome guy in my avatar for 26 years!

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Went straight from court to a meeting. Busy day. I have 13 with 2X3 at MP tonight

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Hi pens! 60 minutes walk/run this morning, 5.1 miles total. 30 minutes straight as part of the "run" portion, it's already feeling a bit easier than the last 30 minute run I did but I feel like I still have a *long* way to go to get back to where I was in June. ~45 minutes pool running done also, on my second coffee and trying to get some work done.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

HsM - were you just running standard samples yesterday to calibrate your machine or whatever?

Zel - enjoy your 10 tonight

Allison - happy anniversary =D

DR - that workout sounds tough!

Lauren - good work on the recovery

Just finished 8 miles on the TM.  The last 30 minutes or so were tough - slight tummy issues.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

Only managed 4 this morning on tired legs from last nights run. Hopefully I can get 3 more after work.

Brilliant

Damaris, you mentioned LA yesterday.  Did you register with the opening day discount?  I did not.  I know it will be cooler in February, but, I've tried LA twice and it has not been kind to me.

Lauren, you are doing great!

Jill, good job on the 8.  I hope you can pick up your marathon training.

PAD, hope you get your miles in.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

An hour of all body parts weight training this morning.  Have not done it for a while so I will probably feel it tomorrow.  Tonite after work is the 6:30 pm Veterans group run, followed by cold beer and cake and a birthday celebration for 2 of our members.

Last night I did a run after work, my first PM run in a while, as it has been up near the 100s for about the last 2 weeks.  Yesterday temp was only 91 with a 'feels like' of 95.  I felt really good for my first run/walk segment; by the 2nd one I was slowing down a bit; by the 3rd one, really slowed down; and just wanted to be done by the 4th one.  Ended up with 3.2 miles in a verrry slow 36 or so minutes.  Guess I lost some of my heat acclimatization during that period of 2 weeks of early morning running.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.

Happy Anniversary, Allison!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, you mentioned LA yesterday.  Did you register with the opening day discount?  I did not.  I know it will be cooler in February, but, I've tried LA twice and it has not been kind to me.

Lauren, you are doing great!

Jill, good job on the 8.  I hope you can pick up your marathon training.

PAD, hope you get your miles in.

My husband does not want to travel if he has no race to run while I run.  Then he added, but it's hilly!  I was like why do you care, you are not running!  I want to do it again one day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

My husband does not want to travel if he has no race to run while I run.  Then he added, but it's hilly!  I was like why do you care, you are not running!  I want to do it again one day.

haha, he's just looking out for you

Docket_Rocket

haha, he's just looking out for you

Sure. Aha. He used to travel everywhere for me but now he wants to participate. Bah.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

OMG so much racism, ignorance, and hatred in that politics thread... This is why I only post on the Penguins threads.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)