Beginners and Beyond

What's up SunDAILIES?! (Read 39 times)

RunningOnSand

Rise and shine! The early bird gets the worm! Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those peepers??! <-----all phrases from my childhood that I despised. Sleep in, good runners. Or go out and tackle the day, whatever you see fit!

SRD here. Big grin

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day for me as well.

Docket_Rocket

I have 13 miles to do.  Slept in instead of running the Miami HM.  21mph and 70s plus 80% chance of thunder was not giving me any mojo to wake up at 4am.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I jogged for 70 minutes. My legs were not amused.

LRB

So my workout was 10 up, 5mi @ HMP, 3mi @ 10k pace, 2mi @ 5k pace, and 10 down. 

Any one of them on their own would've been tough enough.

delicate flower

10 miles at 7:33 pace.  Very happy with this run.  I've certainly been faster, but the last time I tried to run the day after a race, I was physically unable to due to my shin, so this is some great progress.  Overall leg fatigue slowed me down today.  DW may want to go to the pool later and I'l tag along if she goes.

<3

Word. That workout does not sound like a real thing.

I am having trouble getting motivated to get my ass out the door today. Typical for the weekend. Not sure why it's easier to get up to run at oh dark thirty on weekdays. Maybe because I am now awake enough that my brain is trying to talk some sense into me.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I think that's probably why I was totally useless for the rest of the day. I hate it when he schedules workouts like that, b/c I can never hit the last paces and feel like a loser. Not the greatest confidence booster.

RunningOnSand

Word. That workout does not sound like a real thing.

I am having trouble getting motivated to get my ass out the door today. Typical for the weekend. Not sure why it's easier to get up to run at oh dark thirty on weekdays. Maybe because I am now awake enough that my brain is trying to talk some sense into me.

It was a real horrible thing. 

I'm the same way. Weekends are tough to get going; it's easier when I'm on a strict schedule and have to be somewhere at a certain time.

onemile

After whining to Garmin, they offered me $200 off the Fenix 5s sapphire or $175 off the Fenix 5s non-sapphire. ..

Coastal

I have 13 miles to do.  Slept in instead of running the Miami HM.  21mph and 70s plus 80% chance of thunder was not giving me any mojo to wake up at 4am.

Sounds like a good call.

onemile

Wow, I have never done anything remotely close to this hard. 10 mile straight at HMP and faster?? who is your coach?

bluerun

Super B****

10.5, including our new member run, for which I was a pace leader.  I wrote directions on my hand (opting to go old-school over using the fancy navigation feature on my watch), and I didn't get lost, and I didn't lose anybody!

And I'm pretty much all packed, which means that it's about time to get an email from the dive operator telling me that sea conditions have been shitty lately and we may not even be able to get out.  I do love spending money to go on a dive trip and then not be able to dive...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

zzyzx

While I'm not thrilled about my speed, 30 minutes on the elliptical for the first time in a few months. Time to shake off the doldrums and get myself back into shape!

Wow, I have never done anything remotely close to this hard. 10 mile straight at HMP and faster?? who is your coach?

Coach de Sade.

But yeah, that sounds like automatic fail.

Dave